BC
Posted By
Birck_Cox
Apr 8, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, guys, I’m on a G5 Powermac, 1,5 GB RAM, 2GHz, running OS X 10.4.11, and I just got CS3 Web Premium. I’m discovering all the little changes the hard way. In Photoshop I have found that I can’t stroke a path: I draw a path with the pen tool, check all the settings to make sure the brush is at 100%, it’s a brush, I’m on the correct layer, the layer is at 100%, the path is selected, etc. I click on "stroke path" in the path menu, and what I get is unusable. There is a correctly-sized dot under each anchor point, but no stroke. If I delete the path, I’m left with these dots. It occurred to me that it could be an airbrush setting issue; I’ve seen airbrush strokes that looked a bit like this, but they didn’t fall where the anchor points are. I called Applecare about it. We went over all the settings, found nothing out of order, they came up with a workaround that I can use pro tem, but finally they requested a copy of the file I was working on, and suggested that my video board driver was out of date. Problem still there. anybody heard about it?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Apr 8, 2008
This is normal behavior…for the settings you have for whichever brush(es) you’ve tried.

While you’re choosing whichever brush tip you want to stroke the path with, what you need to do is go into the Main Brushes Palette, click on the words "Brush tip shape" on the top left side, and make sure the box marked "Spacing"—near the bottom, just above the brush preview panel—is checked.

You might also want to disable any of the other options listed under "Brush tip shape" until you’ve had a chance to explore their behaviors and understand how they work.
BC
Birck_Cox
Apr 9, 2008
Thanks for pointing that out. I tried it, and it worked. For one brush. Am I going to have to adjust that setting ("spacing") for every single size and shape of brush I use?
P
Phosphor
Apr 9, 2008
A’yup…for the brushes that have that parameter saved as part of their default attributes, anyway. Not all brushes are saved that way; you’ll have to check them.

Might as well start saving the brushes with customized settings as your own custom set.

Make sure you save the set out, too (You can do this using the Preset Manager).

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections