G
Posted By
Golferdude1977
Nov 29, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I currently have a Raid 0 system with a partition, 20 gb set up as my scratch disk. But I was wondering if it would be better not to have the Raid set up and just have two separate physical drives, one dedicated to the scratch disk. And if that is the case, without going broke, would a baracuda drive be the way to go? Thanks..

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AC
Art Campbell
Nov 29, 2006
I don’t think there’s a benefit to putting the scratch disk on a partition, even in a RAID array because that doesn’t do what segregating scratch space on a separate disk is designed to do — keep the Windows paging space and scratch disk on physically separate drives.

If they’re on the same (partitioned) drive, they still must work in serial/conflict because the drive heads can’t be in two positions at once. Put the scratch disk on a physically separate drive, and PS can work the drives simultaneously, in parallel.

Art

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections