L
Posted By
Luineida
Apr 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The "paste" command sometimes works and sometimes does not. When it does not work the subject message comes out and the "New from the clipboard" command in the File menu is gray. If you click "New", the "Paste" command in the Edit menu is gray too.

I need help,thanks

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0
Windows Professional XP
Athlon 1800; 512 MB RAM; Printer EPSON Stylus C80

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 3, 2004
What are you trying to do? There was a recent thread (that I wasn’t paying much attention to!) about file size limits of the clipboard, which could explain why sometimes it works for you and sometimes it doesn’t. Personally, I rarely use the clipboard, preferring to drag and drop whenever I can. It’s easier, faster, and doesn’t suck up as much in the way of system resources. If that’s an option for your project you might want to try it.

Check out this thread and see if it’s helpful to you:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@@.2cd0d854>
L
Luineida
Apr 7, 2004
Beth Haney:
This has nothing to do with the size of the image. In fact I have been working over and over with the same kind of image and this is the first time it happens. I am working on a family tree which has descendant graphics for each member of the family. I had to redo all the graphics to correct certain flaws. I make all the corrections in a blank page in Microsoft Publisher (I can use any word processor), when I finish correcting it, I do "select all", "group" and "copy". Then I open Adobe Elements and do "new" on the File Menu, then go to Edit and do "paste" and then save it. I have been doing this over and over for more than a year without any problems. It was a week ago that all of a sudden it started behaving like this. Now,I have to repeat the process several times with the same graphic until it lets me "paste" it (that’s what I meant by "sometimes works and sometimes does not).

A couple of days ago I also installed Adobe Photoshop 7. Now, even though I still do the work with Adobe Elements, it is behaving much better since I installed version 7 (I have corrected 5 descendants graphics and it has failed only once). A corrupt file may be? I don’t know, it is weird anyway.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections