KP
Posted By
Kristen_Petrosino
Apr 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m wondering how to adjust the shadow distance, outer glow size, lighting angle, etc. I looked it up in adobe photoshop elements help, and it gave me these directions:

To edit a layer’s style settings: Do one of the following: 1. Double-click the "f" icon in the Layers palette. 2. Choose Layer > Layer Style > Style Settings.

I have tried this numerous times, but I do not have an "f" icon in the layers palette. The only time one appears is after I have applied a layer style, such as a soft edge dropshadow. And, when I try it the other way [Layer > Layer Style > Style Settings], I only have the option to change the shadow distance and the lighting angle. Should I be able to alter these other options or not? And if so, how do i go about doing that? Thank you for any help that you can give.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BG
Byron Gale
Apr 1, 2004
Kristen,

The drop shadow layer style is exactly the shadows which you are able to adjust by double-clicking the "f" symbol. The lighting angle is changeable, also, and affects the direction the drop shadow falls, and which sides of a bevel style are light or dark.

If you have applied a glow layer style, you can also change the glow’s parameters by double-clicking the symbol.

In short, you must apply one of these styles before you can modify it.

Byron

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections