P
Posted By
pokerswitch
Nov 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
please please please help me. i am looking for someone who could help me. when you save a image in jpeg it asks what you would like to save the image as( the file name) it is this file name that i need to add to the application. basically i have a photography business. i am making proof cards but i need a file reference number to be added so i can access the photo when the proof cards come back. i have read photoshop 7 manual but have not found what i am looking for. what i plan on doing is after cropping my photo’s i have made a batch that automatically places the image into the selected area but i need this file name-file refrence to be added please please please help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Nov 27, 2006
There is a script for this on the Adobe Exchange. In 7 you have to install the scripting plugin I believe. The script is called something like AddFileName.

Update to 7.0.1 if you haven’t already. The update is available on this site.
DR
Danny_Raphael
Nov 27, 2006
If you do not want to mess with the script plugin, see the "last" post in the following thread for instructions on how to record an action in PS7 to access file name and place it in an image…

< http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1014&am p;thread=20307664>
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Nov 27, 2006
Adobe has really screwed up this site royally. Well, let me look for the plugin and make it available through e-mail. Might take a while.

That action looks neat, but very complicated.
GD
george_dingwall
Nov 27, 2006
I have a modified version of the AddFilename script on my website. Here’s a link to it.

<http://www.georgedingwall.co.uk/downloads/Filename.jsx>

To use it on PS7 you will need to re-name it Filename.js

I thought this script was only for CS and CS2, but I’ve just tried it on PS7 and it works OK.

I think it needs the image to be at 72 ppi or the text does funny things.

Hope this helps.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Nov 27, 2006
If you click on my name and go to the website you’ll find an e-mail address. Send me an e-mail and I’ll send the scripting plugin and all the files that go with it.
DR
Danny_Raphael
Nov 28, 2006
re:

That action looks neat, but very complicated.

For most people taking the leap into scripting is a huge one. Even when people like you and George graciously provide the files and a prewritten and debugged script, complete novices are stuck without additional knowledge of how/where to install scripts, how to invoke them (directly or via an action) and will be completely SOL when the inevitible glitches occur.

Granted, the action concept might be difficult to grasp initially because it utilizes a perhaps unfamiliar Picture Package command to achieve an unconventional interim result. But as a self-taught JS hack I can testify it doesn’t hold a candle to all the landmines of scripting.

What makes it appear complicated may be the required detail for navigating the PP dialog and describing how to record about a 15-step action. In these cases "An action speaks louder (and faster than) words." 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections