GG
Posted By
gary_ghertner
Nov 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I scanned some old prints (about 20) and stored the files as TIFFs from Photoshop CS2 (Windows). I am trying to use Bridge (Windows) to keyword them. When trying to add keywords to about 6-8 of them, I get the above error message. Oddly, others do not cause the error.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Nov 27, 2006
Try opening the files in question and then resaving them and closing. It’s possible that Bridge can only store certain types of metadata in files saved in an Adobe product, which adds the needed hooks for XMP metadata. There are loads of different ways a TIFF file can be constructed, including use of proprietary tags pointing to data areas that will be used only with a particular program.
C
CSingleton
Nov 27, 2006
Are these files on a hard drive? If they’re not and are on a disc, you will not be able to write to or save the XMP file. Move the files to your hard drive and try again.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections