BT
Posted By
Brad_Tyrrell
Apr 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there any way to edit one of the layers in a layer set (Encore Menu) in Elements or is it time for an upgrade?

Brad Tyrrell

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DS
Dick_Smith
Apr 2, 2004
Brad,

I don’t have a clue as to what "Encore Menu" is but "layer set" makes me think you are asking about a Photoshop feature. The "layer set" feature is not, afaik, available in Elements.

Dick
BT
Brad_Tyrrell
Apr 2, 2004
Adobe’s DVD program, Encore, allows building menus in Photoshop. I think it is assumed that CS will be used for the "layer sets" required for highlighting buttons and sub-pictures. Elements doesn’t actually allow breaking apart layer sets and editing the individual layers, but yesterday I did something that allowed me to edit the top layer without editing the rest. Unfortunately, I don’t know what I did and can’t seem to reproduce the effect.

I was just hoping that someone using Elements might have had a similar experience and developed a "trick" to separate the layers in a set for editing.

Brad
RC
Richard_Coencas
Apr 2, 2004
Brad,

You can’t expand a layer set in Elements, but you can edit the set as a whole. If you want to separate portions into their own layer you can use the move tool, target the layerset and right click on the element you are interested in and select it from a list. That would let you edit that portion of the set but still won’t let you expand the set.

Rich
BT
Brad_Tyrrell
Apr 2, 2004
Thanks Rich, I’ll try that.

I also discovered that if I go to the layers palette and highlight the set, a checkbox appears for "transparency" set for "pass through". If I change it to "normal" in the pull down, I can edit the top layer in the set, – sometimes.

Unfortunately, I don’t know what I’m doing. And I have a hunch Elements doesn’t either.

Just trying to figure out something that works.

Actually, I want the CS Package, just hrmmpphing and frmmmpphing about shelling out 1300 bucks. I did get the video package and that ended up around $800. Like it, but…

Brad

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections