BE
Posted By
Bonnie_Elber
Apr 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know if you can access the (c) symbol for macs using the keyboard? I know you use alt 0169 for pc’s. Also, cant find it under "symbols" either. Is that in the font section?

Bonnie

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 1, 2004
Bonnie, it’s option+g in any mac font.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 1, 2004
How do I get hold of the French Script font ? needs to be for the Mac 🙂

Wendy
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 2, 2004
Actually, Wendy, it probably doesn’t. OS X reads most windows TT fonts these days.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 2, 2004
Hi Barbara,

Thats useful to know … I don’t have many fonts installed and I have been searching around for that one for ages. Hopefully someone may know where I can pick it up.

Wendy
BE
Bonnie_Elber
Apr 2, 2004
Barbara,

Thanks for your help.

Bonnie
ML
Marty Landolt
Apr 2, 2004
Beth, I didn’t know Jodi was sick. I haven’t been on the forum much the past week so have been left behind.
Jodi, Well Well, Yes, I mean get well well!
Marty
JF
Jodi_Frye
Apr 3, 2004
Marty, that is old news 😉 Jodi is all better now. Thanks anyways….I appreciate the sentiment:)

How was Florida my dear ?? We missed you 🙂
ML
Marty Landolt
Apr 3, 2004
Jodi, So glad to hear you’re up and kickin’
Florida at my sister’s is soooooo nice. Now I am getting back into the camcorder movies plus upgrading some computer stuff. Where oh where does time fly ….
Marty
DB
dennis_beins
Apr 8, 2004
How do I find the "symbols" ? I always used option G before
B
BobHill
Apr 8, 2004
Dennis,

The © symbol is a normal extended character to most font files. On a PC that’s encountered by ALT 0169 to standard font sets (including here). I suspect MACs have it with how it gets to extended characters in font files. On a PC, extended characters can be viewed along with their ALT 4 digit calls for them (you MUST use the numeric keyboard to call the four digit numbers). Charmap.exe is the viewer for all font extended characters in font files. BUT, since not all font files have extended fonts, and some even give a different four digit ALT code, you should match the font in Character map with the font you are using in Elements or you’re likely to get something different than what you are looking for. The extended characters in font files is quite extensive and includes things like ¼, ½, ¾, ¢, £, ¥, ® and accent letters for Spanish, French, German characters as well.

Bob
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 8, 2004
The © symbol on the Mac is Option G (or ALT, depending on the keyboard you have).

Ray
DB
dennis_beins
Apr 9, 2004
Thanks Raymond & all,I was trying that and cant get it to work, so I thought it might have changed in CS, will try again
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 9, 2004
Hi, dennis. All versions of Photoshop/PE just use whatever is on your system for font/type/etc. so the version you are using isn’t relevant.
DB
dennis_beins
Apr 9, 2004
Got it, not sure what I wasnt doing right but got it to work this time , Thanks everyone
CS
Cliff_Skidmore
Apr 9, 2004
John

You can also imbed personal copyright info right into the digital file.

File : File Info

Fill in appropriate info in dialog box.

Cliff
ML
myke_lee
May 31, 2004
I am trying to get some ideas how to accomplish this. Ingrid, you mentioned that there is a Symbol Collection. Where do I find this?

I would like to create a Copyright simbol that would look different than the one created by using ALT

Thank you
MM
Mac_McDougald
May 31, 2004
Custom shape tool/Symbols

M

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections