TW
Posted By
Tom_Walace
Nov 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If I am trying to "resize" several layers to fit to a visible path…..as soon as I grab a corner resize node and start to move it….the path disappears/becomes deselected.

…..so then I can’t see my *path* as a guide as to where to place/resize my image to….

I want the paths to stay visible while I’m adjusting several image layers….can this be done?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Nov 22, 2006
Hide the Path Ctrl-H, then do Ctrl-T on the object then do Ctrl-H again to unhide the path Then resize.
TW
Tom_Walace
Nov 22, 2006
Not sure I’m following you….what does Ctrl-T do? And why do I need to hide the path? Thanks for the explanation… 🙂
C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 22, 2006
what does Ctrl-T do?

Did you try – just for the hell of it?

Ctrl+T is the keyboard shortcut for Free Transform.

* Another way: Drag out a guide and snap it to your path, then transform you layer elements to the guide.

Chris.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Nov 22, 2006
The reason you need to hide the path is so you can bring it back. If it just disappears on its own it won’t come back, but if it’s hidden…

I assumed you were using Transform to resize. Keyboard shortcuts are much easier most times.
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 23, 2006
as soon as I grab a corner resize node and start to move it….the path disappears/becomes deselected.

Are you using the Path selection tool or the Direct Selection tool, or are you using the Move Tool?
TW
Tom_Walace
Nov 25, 2006
Sorry I haven’t responded in a few days…

Just checking in…
With the "alignment" paths showing….I use the black arrow "MOVE TOOL" to drag the image layers into position…however, as I stated – the paths instantly disappear.

Why would they do that? That just seems stupid to me…seems like they should remain visible. I see no logical reason why they should disappear unless you deselect the paths?!

Anyway – good idea on the snapping guides to get the image in place…that’s a decent workaround.

NEW WRINKLE – I just discovered that with the "paths" showing, I can move a *single* image layer into position of the path with the path disappearing – the path only disappears if I try to move several layers into position at once…..again – WHY??? Makes no sense to me…if the path stays put while moving one layer….why should it disappear when moving more than one layer??
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 26, 2006
Why would they do that? That just seems stupid to me…seems like they should remain visible. I see no logical reason why they should disappear unless you deselect the paths?!

Isn’t it true that once you move a layer onto your image with the path, the newly dragged layer takes focus? That’s why. Simply going to the paths palette and clicking on it so that it has focus again solves that problem.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Nov 26, 2006
Set up guidlines aligned with the path. Then when the path disappears, you will still know where it is.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections