HL
Posted By
Harry Lockwood
Mar 15, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is my first foray into this group, so I’ll apologize if this subject has been covered before.

System: OS 10.4.8; PS CS2; Epson R2400.

In the Print Settings box of PS, where the choice of paper is made, there are grayed-out choices. One of these, for instance, is Velvet Fine Art. There are many other papers that I would like to access as well, but I’m at a loss as to how to accomplish that.

In a hunt around my computer, I find multiple printer/profile folders in library folders, color sync, utilities, etc., some of which have the iccs of numerous papers listed. An underlying question is, why do I have so many apparently (partially) redundant folders?

But the more pressing question is, what do I have to do to straighten out this mess and get all those papers listed as options when I go to Print?

I don’t come to this forum without doing some homework, but, so far, I haven’t found the answer. I’d appreciate direct help or a pointer to a reliable source.

HFL

Change hlockwood to hflockwood in email address

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

HL
Harry Lockwood
Mar 18, 2007
In article ,
Harry Lockwood wrote:

This is my first foray into this group, so I’ll apologize if this subject has been covered before.

In the Print Settings box of PS, where the choice of paper is made, there are grayed-out choices. One of these, for instance, is Velvet Fine Art. There are many other papers that I would like to access as well, but I’m at a loss as to how to accomplish that.

Try reading the manual that came with your new printer. Problem solved.

In a hunt around my computer, I find multiple printer/profile folders in library folders, color sync, utilities, etc., some of which have the iccs of numerous papers listed. An underlying question is, why do I have so many apparently (partially) redundant folders?

Because your applications put them there. So stop worrying about it. And you didn’t understand the role of those icc profiles to begin with. Now you do.

But the more pressing question is, what do I have to do to straighten out this mess and get all those papers listed as options when I go to Print?

There is no mess; see above.

I don’t come to this forum without doing some homework, but, so far, I haven’t found the answer. I’d appreciate direct help or a pointer to a reliable source.

You didn’t do enough homework. And a smart youngster at the Apple store pointed you in the right direction.

HFL

HFL

T
toby
Apr 22, 2007
On Mar 18, 10:49 am, Harry Lockwood wrote:
In article ,
Harry Lockwood wrote:

Try reading the manual that came with your new printer. Problem solved.

Because your applications put them there. So stop worrying about it. And you didn’t understand the role of those icc profiles to begin with. Now you do.

There is no mess; see above.

You didn’t do enough homework. And a smart youngster at the Apple store pointed you in the right direction.

Harry,

Congratulations, I’ve never seen anyone flame themselves on Usenet before. You even included an "RTFM". I’m glad your questions were answered; thanks for giving me a smile this morning. 🙂

–Toby

HFL

HFL

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections