JC
Posted By
Jonathan_Clymer
Feb 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to quickly check all open documents for profile, or for size, etc., but I have to change each document individually if it doesn’t already display the information I need. This didn’t use to be the case; if you changed one you changed all.

Is there a way to revert to this behavior?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Feb 11, 2007
read this LenHewitt, "How To Get Help Quickly" #, 4 Mar 2004 7:27 am </cgi-bin/webx?50>
JC
Jonathan_Clymer
Feb 12, 2007
I already checked all the areas suggested in "How To Get Help Quickly" (before I posted). I didn’t see anything that addressed my question, which is can all the displays be changed in one operation?

Since no one responded with a way to do this, I assume for now that it can’t be done.

Unless someone has figured out how to do this (scripting, perhaps?), no further posting to this thread is necessary.
B
Bernie
Feb 12, 2007
It also seems you didn’t see the part about providing as much information as possible, as clearly as possible.

I suspect nobody responded because your request is unclear.
R
Ram
Feb 12, 2007
Jonathan,

What Nomad says. There are no clairvoyants here. :/
JC
Jonathan_Clymer
Feb 12, 2007
Sorry if the first post wasn’t clear. I’ll try again.

The status bar shows various information at the lower left corner of the document window. It can show information such as profile, image size, etc., but it only shows one thing at a time. The type of information is selectable only for the active window. To change the information displayed, each document must be changed individually. In other words, if 35 documents are open (I sometimes have this many documents open at the same time) and I want to quickly check the profiles of the documents, I would like to be able to change the information in the status bar to "profile" for all the documents, without having to select every single document that doesn’t happen to currently be displaying the information I want to see.

What I want to do is change the information displayed in the status bar for all open documents in one operation. Could I be the only person who would like to do this? Unlikely, and I bet some clever person has found a solution.
B
Buko
Feb 12, 2007
Well this explanation does make more sense.

Sounds like a feature request.
ML
Mark_Larsen
Feb 12, 2007
much quicker to view this info in file properties via bridge then just launch the files in which you want to make changes.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Feb 12, 2007
Open JUST the first image — and choose which field you want to see in the Status bar.

Then open your other files and they will all open to show the same field.

But using Bridge, as Mark suggested, is a far more efficient way to handle your problem.
JC
Jonathan_Clymer
Feb 13, 2007
Thanks, these are good suggestions. Unfortunately they don’t quite work for me. In this situation I will already have the documents open and some will have had the status bar changed in the course of working. Also, sometimes I want to check all the documents for profile, and then for size, so it’s impractical to close them all and then reopen them.

As for Bridge, it won’t tell me the info I need unless I first save the images, something that I generally don’t want to do at this point in the workflow.

I guess my request is a bit unusual so I’m going to see if it can be scripted.
L
Larryr544
Feb 13, 2007
You could also simply record an action to change the profile for all the documents. Those that are already correct simply won’t mind.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections