JH
Posted By
John_Hair
Feb 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve created a complicated path that involves outlining the outside of an object and the inside (imagine outlining a key as the outside path and the hole in the key the inside path). I saved the path and all of it shows up when I click on it. When I go to Make Selection, only the outside path becomes selected. As an experiment I stroked the path and both the outside and inside paths were stroked. I also saved the path as a clipping path to place in Quark. It shows up perfectly in Quark, both the inside and outside paths look great, but when I print it out in Quark the inside paths are white. I’m using a Mac Quicksilver with over 1000 MB RAM and OS X.3.9.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Bernie
Feb 9, 2007
With the path selected, check the options bar for the set of four pairs of overlapping squares, they control how the paths act
JH
John_Hair
Feb 9, 2007
Thanks for your message, but I don’t know where to look. In the Path window, when I click on the Path 1 the path shows up on the photo. There isn’t anything in the bar at the top of Photoshop (which is called "Options" under the Window menu)s. Am I looking in the right place?
B
Buko
Feb 9, 2007
The options bar changes when you change your tool its at the to of the screen Just below the Apple menu bar.
JH
John_Hair
Feb 9, 2007
Does a particular tool have to be selected (Pen Tool, Move Tool, etc.)? With the Path Tool selected I see four squares: Add to Path area (+), Subtract from Path area (-), Intersect Path areas, Exclude overlapping path areas. Am I in the right place?
B
Buko
Feb 10, 2007
yup
J
JasonSmith
Feb 10, 2007
And as Cyber said in post one, you need to select the path before hand.

Not just in the paths palette, but using the pen tool, in the image window – click/drag across the entire path to select ALL points in the path.

Just like using the marquee tool, only with the pen tool.
JH
John_Hair
Feb 10, 2007
Thanks Buko nd Cybernetic Nomad. I’ll play around with those boxes and see if I can get it to work, although so far no luck. Appreciate your help! I swear I’ve done this kind of path work before (in previous Photoshops?) and didn’t need to set anything up like this.
J
JasonSmith
Feb 10, 2007
After v6 the pen tool recieved a lot more options. Confusing at first – yes. Very handy at times – definitely.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections