WF
Posted By
Wesley Faries
Feb 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a new Graphire 6×8 tablet and am unable to draw a "same width" straight line.

In Photoshop with a mouse if you click with say your paintbrush tool, then hold the Shift key and click anywhere else on the page it’ll draw a "same width" straight line to the second point.

With the Graphire tablet and pen I click, hold Shift, then click elsewhere it’ll draw a straight line but the width goes from the original size to a very small size, making a elongated cone shape.

Would anyone here familiar with the Graphire know if there is a way to just draw a "same width" straight line with the paintbrush tool? If I could take off the setting of the pen being pressure sensitive I think that work but I’m not sure how, if possible, how to do that.

Mac OS X 10.4.8
Photoshop CS2
Graphire 6×8

Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

I
iSteveV
Feb 9, 2007
Pick a brush without a pressure function or turn off the pressure on the brush you’re using.
P
Phosphor
Feb 9, 2007
Turn off ALL brush options for the Brush Tip shape you’re using.
WF
Wesley Faries
Feb 9, 2007
Thanks guys, that worked great!
BB
bruce_bever
Feb 13, 2007
You can also adjust your prefs in the system prefs>tablet area. Nice thing about this is you can do it for specific behavior with specific apps

Good luck!
Bruce

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections