MJ
Posted By
Mary_Jane_Gerber
Feb 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m running Photoshop CS on a G4 in OS10.4.7. I have 120GB of disk space available and 1GB RAM. I was working on several documents at once, as I have done before with no problems.

While attempting to SAVE AS in order to create a new document to crop an image, the message "Cannot save because disk is full" kept popping up.

I was working on web page designs for my illustration site and was trying to save documents with a single image and one duplicate layer. All other documents open had already been saved.

I’m sure I’m missing something simple, but I can’t figure out what it is!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Feb 7, 2007
I can’t figure out what it is!

pretty simple really the scratch disk is full.

how big are the files you are working on?

do you have the scratch on a second drive?

this does not have anything to do with the problem but are you running the latest Photoshop v9.0.2? I only ask this because you don’t have the latest system update installed. You should be running 10.4.8
MJ
Mary_Jane_Gerber
Feb 7, 2007
My apologies, I should have been more specific. My scratch disk has 119GB of space available. The documents I had open were 1MB, 11MB, and 19MB respectively. Again, I may be missing something simple, but with 119GB available, I didn’t think I’d have a space problem…

On the other note, I’m running Photoshop CS (version8). I didn’t think I could update without purchasing an ungrade to CS2…

You’re right about a later version of OSx-I just updated to 10.4.8.
R
Ram
Feb 7, 2007
Mary Jane,

If you inadvertently happened to have some ungodly resolution and measurements set in the crop tool, you can indeed fill a 120GB scratch disk in one fell swoop.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections