SV
Posted By
Samuli_Viitasaari
Feb 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When designing layouts for a web site with a lot of different pages, I like to keep everything in one psd document, so that all the fixed graphics stay where they belong. Toggling the visibility of various layers to "change between pages" becomes quite a task, when there’s lots of material.

So, what I’m after is a possibility to name and save the current state of visibility of all the layers in the psd document. In other words, I could have a "visibility state" called "main page", for example, which means I have all the relevant layers visible: "main page title", "main page header", "main page menu", "main page content" etc., and the rest of the layers would be invisible. Then I could have another saved state called "news page", which means all "news"-related layers would be visible and the rest invisible.

Is there any possibility to do this in Photoshop? If not, I’d really appreciate such option!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 6, 2007
You can make a Snapshot in the History palette for each visibility state.

EDIT: The snapshots will not survive closing the document however.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 6, 2007
Actually, duh! Layer Comps will do what you want.
SV
Samuli_Viitasaari
Feb 6, 2007
Ah, sweet, thanks Ed! The Adobe crew was once again a few steps ahead!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections