Posted By
kieran_kelly
Feb 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there,

I’m a web designer and recently game across this handy page <http://bgmaker.ventdaval.com/> as good as this Background Tile generator is, it’s be much cooler to do this in photoshop – is there a way to mimic this tool with in Photoshop? or is there a plug-in (third-party?) that offers similar functionality …. any feedback greatly appreciated

cheers

Kieran

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Feb 1, 2007
Make a graphic, Save for Web as gif or jpg, set it as your background in the HTML file. It will tile automatically. I don’t see any real use for this tool at all.

There used to be a thing called DitherBox in Photoshop that did something similar. Don’t know if it’s still available. Look on the installation disk.
KK
kieran_kelly
Feb 1, 2007
Hi there, well thanks for the feedback, but I think it’s very handy for building tile graphics sets, which I’ve had to do in the past…. I’ll have a look for dither box cheers

kieran
S
Shep123
Feb 2, 2007
What version of PS are you using? I know in CS2 you can go to ‘filter>pattern maker’ and have photoshop do alot of the grunt work for you. However, I would recommend getting familiar with the clone stamp tool, the heal tool and the ‘filter>other>offset’ filter as these will give you great control in creating complicated, textured, seemless tiles to be used as a background in websites. Just get a sample of something you’d like to have tiled, offset it by half it’s width and height to see the seems, use the clone brush to hide them, continue offsetting until the pattern is seamless. It’s fairly easy and you’ll get better results than with that online utility.

On Feb 1, 12:45 pm, wrote:
Hi there, well thanks for the feedback, but I think it’s very handy for building tile graphics sets, which I’ve had to do in the past…. I’ll have a look for dither box cheers

kieran

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections