JB
Posted By
Jeff_Blakely
Jan 31, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I did several changes at once but really the only thing that would affect the system is upgrading from 10.4.7 to 10.4.8

I’m running a G5 dual processor 2.3 with 3.5GB of ram. I already trash ALL of the CS2 PS prefs including .plist which didn’t help.

All of sudden I seemed to be locked out of keyboard actions. I notice somehow a cursor (i-beam)appears in the window % box. If I click on the percent box and hit enter it goes away for a while. If I type a percent in there and hit enter I get a window matching that percent but the cursor or I beam will appear there again on its own until I do the step above. Have you ever heard of this? I’ve never ever run across it. It really slows down the work.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Bernie
Jan 31, 2007
Does this happen in a new user?
JB
Jeff_Blakely
Jan 31, 2007
Not sure. I would have to check. Ack. I hope its not users corruption. That’s a solid days worth of work to get a new user set up with mail and everything. All was fine before 10.4.8 though.
JB
Jeff_Blakely
Jan 31, 2007
I just ran it in a clean new user. Yes. It happens after about 5 minutes working in PS.
B
Buko
Jan 31, 2007
I hope its not users corruption. That’s a solid days worth of work to get a new user set up with mail and everything.

this should take about 45 minutes including updates if you run an Archive and Install.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections