MS
Posted By
marc_sill
Jan 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just purchased a new MacBookPro2,2 (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz). I had all of my data migrated from the old machine (G4 15" PowerBook) to the new one.

All is perfect…. but now… when I take a screen shot (shift + command + 4) that is saved as a .png file to the desktop… the file is grayed out when I try to open it in Photoshop. Photoshop does not see the .png format. It will not open ANY .png files for that matter.
I have it set to view all readable files… but nada.

Does anyone know why this would happen?
I used it all the time on my other machine to edit screen shots I take for my projects. I’ve rebuilt the PS pref file… but… that did nothing.

Am I missing something here? :\

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Jan 29, 2007
Can you double click a file and have it open?

do you have PNG plugin in the PhotoshopCS2 > Plug-ins > Adobe Photoshop Only > File Formats folder?
B
Buko
Jan 29, 2007
Photoshop is a bit picky about migration. you might want to reinstall Photoshop.
R
Ram
Jan 30, 2007
I had all of my data migrated

I cringe when I hear "migrate". :/ It’s fine to copy your data but applications and fonts should be installed fresh from the original media.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections