FO
Posted By
Fancy_Orange
Jan 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m working in Photoshop 7 for Mac. When I clicked Save As on images that were created before today, the dialog box to name the new document came up, but no matter what I did, the Save button remained grayed out.
I had a number of programs open because I was altering and sending 2 or 3 images at a time by email. Everything was happening very slowly, so when I noticed this glitch, I closed everything and turned computer off. When I turned it back on and reopened Photoshop, it was just the same.
I’m stalled until I can fix this. Do I need to reinstall my images? or my Photoshop? or start over with a newer version of Photoshop?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Jan 29, 2007
Trash your preferences

this is covered in the FAQs
FO
Fancy_Orange
Jan 30, 2007
Boku, thank you for your reply. I overlooked that question as a possible answer. However, I searched my harddrive and received a list of libraries and preferences for a lot of things, but none for Photoshop came up. In the Photoshop applications folder I found Presets, is that what I should trash?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 30, 2007
Do NOT trash your Presets folder.

Hold down Shift-Option-Command as you start up Photoshop and you should get a dialog asking if you want to reset to default preferences. This is covered in the FAQs and your Help files.
FO
Fancy_Orange
Jan 31, 2007
Thank you all for pointing me in the right direction. Saga: I reset preferences. Didn’t work. Reinstalled Photoshop 7.0. Didn’t work. However, I then just tried to save the image in other places and found that if I backed out of the specific folder which was in my artworks folder, backed out of that which was in my documents folder, the save button came alive again. Maybe I had maxed out the amount I could put in those folders? Whew. I’m up and running again – I hope.
B
Buko
Feb 1, 2007
It’s a permissions issue. you were most likely being saved from destroying your originals.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections