SS
Posted By
Sam_S._Bishop
Jan 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Adobe Photoshop 5.0 on an Apple computer with a 9.0 operating system. I am purchasing a new Apple computer (24" iMAC) with a 10.4(?) operating system. One of the requirements for a Photoshop upgrade is that "to install (the) upgrade successfully, (I) will need a licensed version of any version of Adobe Photoshop, on the same platform." I have a serial # and a customer ID#. What I don’t know is whether Photoshop 5.0 can be installed on the new Apple iMACs that run on 10.4(?) system software (UNIX based). And if I can’t, how do I load the Photoshop upgrade CD on my new iMAC if it cannot find the old Adobe Photoshop software? I can’t get through to Adobe. I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Jan 29, 2007
Sam,

Every upgrade is a FULL installer. If it doesn’t find a previous version installed, it will simply prompt you for the old serial number, as well as the new one.

You don’t need to install ANY previous version.
B
Buko
Jan 29, 2007
You may need to call customer service as Photoshop 5 had the old style serial number
SS
Sam_S._Bishop
Jan 29, 2007
Thank you for your reply. It’s a big help.

Sam

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections