DM
Posted By
diane_miller
Jan 26, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In CS I was able to remove a guide line by dragging the guide outside the image window and Command clicking. That isn’t working for me in CS2.

Does that no longer work?

Can it still be done?

-thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

WG
Welles_Goodrich
Jan 26, 2007
Hi Diane

Don’t you just need to drag it out of the image window? (At least that’s the way it works for me.) I don’t understand the reason for the Command click.
R
Ram
Jan 26, 2007
I just tried it. You have to hold the Command key before and during dragging.
DM
diane_miller
Jan 26, 2007
I used the wrong word. I meant the image area (size of the document not including the space around it) instead of image window (the whole window).

Thanks Ramon, I just needed to drag it a bit further out and it’s gone.

Welles,
I don’t like the clutter of guides I don’t need.They were sitting around in that space outside of my document buggin me.
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Jan 26, 2007
Hey Ramón,

I must be missing something. If I drag a guide from the ruler margins, all I need to do is placed my cursor over the guide when the Move tool is active and the cursor turns into a form of two parallel lines with little perpendicular arrows, indicating that I can move the guide in either direction. Holding down the Option key turns the guide from vertical to horizontal (or vice-versa). I don’t seem to need the Command key at all. ???
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 26, 2007
Key phrase: "When the Move tool is active." Holding down Command makes this so in other tools.

BTW, EZ way is View>Clear Guides. That can even be an action tied to a key command.
BG
barry_gray
Jan 26, 2007
Use Command if you don’t have the Move Tool selected. saves a step if you are painting or something.

Or as Ed Said. 🙂
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Jan 26, 2007
Hi again, Diane,

I’m curious and obviously not understanding something. If I understand correctly you are using the Full Screen mode rather than individual windows for your image? Can’t you just drag any guide back to the ruler to make it disappear?
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Jan 26, 2007
Aha! Thanks Ed. That eliminates my confusion.
DM
diane_miller
Jan 26, 2007
Clear guide will remove all guides, but if you just want to remove 1 guide, you need to do this.

Welles, I’m using standard screen mode.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 26, 2007
Scratch my previous. You can set Clear Guides as a Keyboard Shortcut under Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections