Color Table (when in Indexed Color Mode)

W
Posted By
Wayneswhirld
Jan 25, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In PS CS, when in Indexed Color Mode, the Color Table becomes active. I need to rearrange colors in the Color Table so that, for instance, white is the first color. I also saved and loaded the color document (.act) into the Swatches palette, but I don’t know how to rearrange them there either. Can colors be rearranged in the Color Table or Swatches palette?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

W
Wayneswhirld
Jan 26, 2007
Well, it looks as if the way to do this is to click on a color to open the Color Picker and change its values to the color you want in that position that’s somewhere else in the palette and in the same manner change the color that is being swapped positions with to what the other color was. Is there a better way to move colors around?
S
Shep123
Jan 26, 2007
Hi Wayne,
You are able to rearrange colors in your swatch palette. To open the palette, choose window > swatches. From here you can add and remove colors and for greater control, you can click the little arrow at the top right of the swatches palette and choose ‘preset manager’. Here you can select and move, save and delete you’re palette.

On Jan 25, 9:00 pm, Wayneswhirld wrote:
Well, it looks as if the way to do this is to click on a color to open the Color Picker and change its values to the color you want in that position that’s somewhere else in the palette and in the same manner change the color that is being swapped positions with to what the other color was. Is there a better way to move colors around?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections