RC
Posted By
Ric_Cohn
Jan 19, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a .psd file that is over 1 Gb. It opens normally and appears in every way (that I can see) to be OK. Whenever the Finder tries to preview it (Columns View) the window closes as if it’s crashing. A new window opens in it’s place and Finder is fine.

Has anyone else experienced this and have they a solution? I have seen something similar before, but never this clear. I’m thinking it’s either a defect in the file or it could possibly be a relatively new problem from some update, but I don’t have any way of testing this. I’m using the latest 10.4.8 and all updates/security patches are installed. 10.4.8 was installed from the Combo update.

I’ve tried copies of this file on 2 different internal drives of one computer and on a second computer and I’ve tried a Save As copy. Every one crashes the Finder window.

As I see it, either 1. there is something wrong with this file or it’s preview, or 2. there is something "normal" in this file that Finder can’t handle. Anyone with similar experiences or solutions?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections