CP
Posted By
Craig_Perkins
Mar 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to create an arrow that is long, with a narrow shaft, and a short head, like the ones that you can create in MS Word? When I use the Custom Shape tool it seems rather limited as the head of the arrow always grows proportionately larger as I increase the length of the arrow.

Any ideas, other than using the line tool to hand craft one?

Craig

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TF
Terri_Foster
Mar 7, 2004
Have you tried selecting line custom shape tool then going up to the options bar where the little icons line etc are showing right over and close to edit on menu bar? Push that little arrow and you have the option of putting one or two arrow heads on the line. You can in addition select the proportion the head(s) size is in relation to the line. So by adjusting the proportion option here you can make your arrow head pencil thin or big fat and sassy. I know you said you didn’t want to look at the line tool but thought I’d make sure you knew it has a "hidden" arrow head option with head adjustments.

Terri
TF
Terri_Foster
Mar 7, 2004
hmmm, just reread that question…maybe I should have left that one alone.

Terri
JF
Jodi_Frye
Mar 7, 2004
Craig, it’s not as easy as in photoshop but you can manipulate the arrow shape. After applying the arrow shape click on the ‘ shape selection tool’…little black cursor arrow up in the shape palette above the screen…click onto your arrow and right click for options…use ‘free transform shape’..there you will find some options to change the shape and maneuvre it a bit more to your liking.

If you don’t need vector format i suggest you could use the polygonal lasso tool and create your own…if you wish.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Mar 7, 2004
Terri, no fret, always plenty of ways to do stuff here….the more advice the better !

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections