RA
Posted By
ross_alexander
Nov 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ewwwwwww this is really hacking me off right now, the s*dding droplets I am making in PS CS2 are not working and I have no idea why!

First I go to batch, create droplet.
Next, I choose the folder to put the droplet in and name it. Then I choose the action set and action.
Then I choose none for the destination as I want the image to appear in the same window in which I will drop it onto the droplet.
I then press ok

When in the folder where I created the droplet I drag the image file onto it and Photoshop opens but nothing appears onscreen, no activity, nothing! Yet if I use the action within PS or make a batch command that works. Why the **** does my droplet not work??!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DR
Danny_Raphael
Nov 18, 2006
RA
ross_alexander
Nov 19, 2006
Thanks for that but it didn’t help i’m afraid. I haven’t done anything to PS. I followed how to make and use droplets using www.lynda.com and did everything as explained but for some weird reason it doesn’t work?!
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 19, 2006
The fact is, as long as I’ve been visiting these boards (six years), droplets have been flaky. Some report that they work fine, but time and time again, there are issues with droplets.

I haven’t spent the time to carefully analyze it because I’m not convinced of their advantage over Batch Actions, except in rare circumstances. I started trying to use them, then had the same kind of problem that you and those that many others report.

It doesn’t help much, but you are just as likely as not to find a solution. Until I have a chance to spend quality time trying to figure it out (if I were even able), I consider them unreliable and wouldn’t waste my time with them. I’d just use Batch.

I’ve learned that in Photoshop there are at least threee ways to do anything. Your mileage may vary.

Peace,
Tony
RA
ross_alexander
Nov 19, 2006
Well I got halfway to figuring out the root of the problem. There was obviously something I changed in PS at some point that the droplet didn’t like because after uninstalling and reinstalling PS the droplets now work.

I don’t know if it has anything to do with the changing of keyboard shortcuts and those shortcuts being relied upon in the action. I guess I won’t know until one day when I have changed a setting and the droplet fails to work again.
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 19, 2006
I guess I won’t know until one day when I have changed a setting and the droplet fails to work again.

<nodding> Yep. That’s why I avoid them – well, plus, that I don’t see any advantage to it except in two circumstances.

Good luck.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections