L
Posted By
Louise
Mar 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
and I want to print it out at it’s original size, do I have to reduce the resolution to 300ppi or do I print it out at 600ppi?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Mar 6, 2004
Louise, 300 ppi is generally plenty of resolution for a good image. I don’t think it will hurt anything to print at 600 ppi, but I’m not sure you’ll be able to tell the difference.
BH
Beth_Haney
Mar 6, 2004
When I’m scanning, I often scan at high res. If I want a copy the same size as the original, I resample downwards on a copy and save the other one in case I decide later I want to enlarge or crop.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Mar 6, 2004
Also, any chance you’ve set D as one of the scratch disks? Check Prefs for Memory/Scratch disks.

Mac
S
SayItAgain
Mar 6, 2004
It depends on the printer to a great extent. Some of them just don’t do much better than a 300 dpi image. For important images I’ll print at 600, or sometimes even higher, but my printer seems to be able to handle it.

Can’t wait to see how the Canon i960 will be when it arrives.

wrote in message
and I want to print it out at it’s original size, do I have to reduce the
resolution to 300ppi or do I print it out at 600ppi?
RM
Ron Minler
Mar 6, 2004
wrote:
and I want to print it out at it’s original size, do I have to reduce the resolution to 300ppi or do I print it out at 600ppi?

Louise,
Here’s a site that may help you with scanning.
http://www.scantips.com/

Ron

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections