CS
Posted By
Cathrine_Skaar
Jan 8, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need some assistance! I have Photoshop CS. On my computer I have a lot of fonts, and they all work grat in all programs, but not in Photoshop! Here they only appear from A to F for some reason…and I can´t figure out WHY??? And HOW to fix it?!?
A lot of my clients use Myriad and Times New Roman…wich I can´t display in photoshop!

Please help me:-)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Bernie
Jan 8, 2007
If you have that many fonts, you really should get a font manager
CS
Cathrine_Skaar
Jan 8, 2007
Offcourse I have a font manager…but that doesn´t seem to make any difference to what works in Photoshop…!
R
Ram
Jan 8, 2007
Cathrine,

Please read the FAQs.

There’s an unacknowledged but very real font limit in Photoshop.

Use your font manager.

Click on the link below:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bb7ea48>
R
Ram
Jan 8, 2007
Bottom Line;

You have WAY TOO MANY fonts activated.
B
Buko
Jan 8, 2007
Only activate the fonts you are using.
CS
Cathrine_Skaar
Jan 8, 2007
Ramón:
Whatever I do with my font-manager, there is no change in Photoshop.

Buko:
Since I work as a designer, the fonts are one of the most important things I use. Because of that, it is hard to only activate the ones I use…at some point I use them all.

….I´ve tried to deactivate a lot of them, but no change as I said.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 8, 2007
Did you restart Photoshop? Depending on the Font Manager you may have to restart your computer.
CS
Cathrine_Skaar
Jan 8, 2007
I tried restarting Photoshop, but no change.
I asked one of my friends about the problem, and he had at least 1000 fonts activated in Photoshop…and I have way less than that displayed in my program…
I use Linotype Fontexplorer X by the way. I´ll restart the computer when I finish work today, and see if that works.
B
Buko
Jan 8, 2007
Cathrine, I am a designer.

Use your font manager to view the fonts you are thinking of using then only activate the fonts you need. I have yet to see a job that actually has hundreds of fonts in it. If you are producing jobs with hundreds of fonts, well, you won’t in in business much longer.
CS
Cathrine_Skaar
Jan 8, 2007
….oh my god…if that´s your opinion, then I guess you don´t have much work to do. Offcourse it´s possible to do what you say, but if you work on e.g. 10 different jobs every day, and give your 10 different clients several different outcasts, you´ll spend half the day activating and deactivating fonts!

But I guess this doesn´t leed anywhere, so unless you have helpfull solutions, don´t bother posting massages.

I need help, and that´s what I´m looking for!
R
Ram
Jan 8, 2007
Anyone with 1,000 fonts activated needs his head examined.

Maybe the free FontExplorer is not up to the task.

Try the 30-day demo version of FAP (FontAgent Pro). I don’t know; I’ve never used it.

There are nearly 4,000 fonts residing in my computer. I never have more than a few dozen activated. FAP has auto-activation.
R
Ram
Jan 8, 2007
Cathrine,

If I had read your post # 10 before I posted, I would not have bothered.

You are the archetypical clueless individual who is more interested in arguing, even at the cost of embarrassing yourself in public, than in solving your problems.

Good day, Madam.
CS
Cathrine_Skaar
Jan 8, 2007
If there are any helpful people with usefull knowledge out there, I still don´t get the fonts in Photoshop working. And I also wonder if anyone knows what the font limit is in Photoshop.

PS Ramon:
By saying things like this
"You are the archetypical clueless individual who is more interested in arguing, even at the cost of embarrassing yourself in public, than in solving your problems"
says more about you than me…
B
Bernie
Jan 8, 2007
And I also wonder if anyone knows what the font limit is in Photoshop.

So how about reading that FAQ?
B
Buko
Jan 8, 2007
Cathrine you have been told what the answer is, only activate the fonts you need. Blaming Ramón because you don’t want to take the advice of professionals shows you don’t want to learn the right way to work.

FEX has a fine font preview. for choosing fonts or showing them to clients.

I also wonder if anyone knows what the font limit is in Photoshop.

Please activate all your fonts and then count how many show up in photoshop.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections