B
Posted By
bill501
Jan 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having a problem is PS CS and CS2 where whenever I move tool cursor over a document window it disappear when I am moving it. When I stop moving it the cursor snaps to a location somewhere on the picture. It is making PS unusable. This occurs with the following tools: Marquee, Lasso, Magic Wand, all the Brush tools, Clone, Erase, Gradient, Blur, Dodge, Text, Rectangle, but not the others.

I have reinstalled PS without effect. I have had to go back to PS 7 to get any work done.

How do I fix this?

2.7 dual G5
OS 10.4.8

Bill

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Jan 8, 2007
Are you on Photoshop 9.0.2? If so, you should not be having the problem, as it was fixed in CS2.
JF
john_findley
Jan 8, 2007
"I am having a problem is PS CS and CS2…".
R
Ram
Jan 8, 2007
That doesn’t tell anybody whether the man has updated to 9.0.2 or not.
JS
Jean_Sauvageau
Jan 11, 2007
I’m working in a lesson in Adobe Photoshop CS2, lesson 11, when I try to put the cursor in the picture, it’s dissapear, I tried the cap letter, resset the tool, still no result…do you have any idea that I should try, merci in advance.
R
Ram
Jan 11, 2007
Reset your preferences:

To re-create the preferences files for Photoshop or ImageReady, start the application while holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS X). Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?" or "Delete the Adobe ImageReady Settings file?"

<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/331483.html>
A
aroni
Jan 16, 2007
Hi Ramon
I have the same problem (disappearing cursor), I tried deleting the preferences like you said, and the problem is still there. Any new ideas? What might be causing it?
Thank you
Aroni
A
aroni
Jan 16, 2007
Tried deleting preferences, but my cursor is still gone! Please help!
R
Ram
Jan 16, 2007
What versions of Photoshop and the OS? There was an Apple bug that caused this, but the Photoshop engineers found a workaround in CS2.
Y
YGC
Jan 16, 2007
I’ve got the same problem. When I select the pencil (for example) the size of the circle doesn’t show. That’s very unhandy when deleting stuff.
BTW what’s the short-cut for increasing and decreasing the working-area (size circle)?

YGC from Belgium
R
Ram
Jan 16, 2007
Again:

What versions of Photoshop and the OS? There was an Apple bug that caused this, but the Photoshop engineers found a workaround in CS2.

what’s the short-cut for increasing and decreasing the working-area (size circle)?

If you are NOT using a standard U.S. keyboard (for instance if you have a French or German keyboard) you may not be able to use the shortcuts, which are the "[" and the "]" keys on the standard U.S. keyboard.
Y
YGC
Jan 16, 2007
I haven’t got the "brakets" (?). Goddamn. I’ve got CS2 Premium and OSX 10.4.8

YGC from Belgium
R
Ram
Jan 16, 2007
Yeah, that’s a bummer.

Go to Preferences and make sure you have Show brush tip sizes checked.
CM
Christie_Moore
Jan 21, 2007
I’m having the same problem. I have CS2 professional for Mac. It was working, then stopped – so I reinstalled CS2 and still having same problem. Help!!!
JN
Jim_Newberry
Jan 24, 2007
Me too! I’m having the problem with CS2 and CS3 beta. I used CS 2 for a long time without this trouble; I wonder if this started happening after installing CS 3 beta? I can’t remember exactly when it started. I tried deleting the prefs on both versions of Pshop, but they’re both still behaving badly.

I’m on a G5 dual 2.0, 10.4.8.
R
Ram
Jan 24, 2007
I have Photoshop 7.0.1, 8 (CS), 9.0.2 (CS2) and 10 (CS3beta) installed on my computer, and I have never seen the problem. So, no, it’s not tied to the beta. All versions work fine.

There was an Apple bug the caused the cursor to disappear under certain conditions, but the Adobe folks found a workaround for that in CS2, and Tiger was supposed to fix the Apple bug.

DP MDD G4, 10.4.8.
JN
Jim_Newberry
Jan 24, 2007
It looks like my cursor issue went away. I was having printer trouble so I cleared my caches with Onyx, and after doing that the cursor problem seems to have ended (though I can’t say for sure that’s what did the trick). Onyx: cleaning: all 4 caches checked. <http://www.titanium.free.fr/pgs/english.html>
RG
Richard_Green_111
Feb 10, 2007
Jim – Thanks. My G5 with OSX 10.4.8 and CS 2 had just started the hiding cursor problem. Same problem on CS. Downloaded Onyx, cleared all cashes in Onyx Automation and – hey presto – the problem has disappeared.

Sydney, Australia

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections