CS
Posted By
Cynthia_Sherman
Mar 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone tell me the secret to installing this on a new computer? I have the original disk, I believe I have registered it and I think I have the correct serial number. However, when I try to install, it says that I do not have the right serial # for the product. Am I missing something? I can’t even make my way around this website to find out how to contact Customer Service with this question!!! Frustration!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GD
Grant_Dixon
Mar 4, 2004
Cynthia

If you are using the serial number that appeared on your original version it is four numbers short. If you have the original computer and it is a PC you can do a search in the register using the number you have and you will find the whole number. If you do not have the original computer and have registered the program contact Adobe. If not still contact them and see what they can do for you.

Grant
BH
Beth_Haney
Mar 4, 2004
Or, if Grant didn’t hit the right issue and you’ve really got all 20 numbers from the original CD, just keep putting them in until it "takes". I’ve had this problem in the past when I was reinstalling, and I think it took four or five tries before it would accept the number. Someone else posted rather recently with this same problem, and he said he finally got it after four tries.
BG
Byron Gale
Mar 4, 2004
Cynthia,

To add additional detail to Grant’s reply…

– You can hunt down the full SN# in the Windows Registry. On my Win98SE machine, the full SN# is found at:
HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \Uninstall\Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0

It is in the SERIAL string at that location

– If you registered your software, on the Adobe web site, from the top banner, click Purchase, then, from the submenu, click "Your account". You can sign in using the same username and password you use to access the forums. Once logged in, you can view your product registrations and see your full SN#.

HTH,

Byron
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
Mar 4, 2004
My serial number (PE1 Windows Version) on the CD jacket and as registered in My Account on Adobe’s site, is 6 groups of 4 digits separated by dashes for a total of 24 digits. In the registry on XP it is simply 24 digits without the dashes. Seems to be several versions for serial numbers.

Bob
GD
Grant_Dixon
Mar 4, 2004
Robert

There are 24 number but 4 are hidden when you call up the About in the help file.

Grant

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections