This site and forum has gone to down hill fast.

KU
Posted By
Keith_Urban
Jan 4, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What happened to all our old posts and messages.
This forum is is confusing to use and hard to read.
This is an aweful design.

Adobe really needs to get a new development team for their website.

Very disappointed.

Does anyone know who I can contact or any adobe feedback forms I can fill out to express this issue?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AW
Allen_Wicks
Jan 4, 2007
Funny, I seem to have missed said downhill slide. Perhaps you mean the PSCS3 forum, which is definitely downhill from here…
CB
charles badland
Jan 4, 2007
Perhaps you mean the PSCS3 forum, which is definitely downhill from here…

Second that. After spending a little time over in the CS3 Beta forum, I just can’t imagine how Adobe could view that as a better user-to-user environment.
B
Buko
Jan 4, 2007
This part of the forums is great. I wouldn’t want to change a thing.

I would like Adobe to make the unusable MM coldfusion forums just like this forum.
CB
charles badland
Jan 4, 2007
Buko,
Maybe I’m missing something…
In the coldfusion forums… the post topic indicates (by change of color) that I have viewed that topic… but there is no indication that new posts have been added to the thread, like here?
That’s bad design.
KU
Keith_Urban
Jan 4, 2007
All the forums.
Even the forums from macromedia with all my posts are all gone.

And this new forums look and feel is aweful.

Bulliten Board was a much better users.
CB
charles badland
Jan 4, 2007
This forum has had the same design for a while. What do you mean?
B
Bernie
Jan 4, 2007
but there is no indication that new posts have been added to the thread, like here?

???

In my browser, threads with new posts are flagged, I am told the total number of posts and how many new posts there are since the last time I checked it out.

But, if you’re used to the Macromedia side of thngs, you probably don’t use a webbrowser. (It’s beyond me how a company that produced web creation tools couldn’t have an online forum that’s was decent for web browsers…)
KU
Keith_Urban
Jan 4, 2007
Guess you have not been a long time user of the forums.
Cause everything I had for the past few years is all gone.
CB
charles badland
Jan 4, 2007
When I go to the CF forum a viewed topic is a different color (like this forum) but when new post are added, the topic is moved up in order, but I don’t see any indication that new posts have been added. (in this forum, I see flags for new posts)
KU
Keith_Urban
Jan 4, 2007
I was used to Macromedia too.
But still posed on here too, it is all out of wack now.

It really amazes me too a billion dollar company and site a site that went down the tubes.
CB
charles badland
Jan 4, 2007

I’ve not been here as many years as others, but at least two. Same site as when I started. Can a person access Adobe Forums through other ways? Newsgroups or some other environment that might have changed?
P
Phosphor
Jan 4, 2007
"Guess you have not been a long time user of the forums."

I’ve only been here for about 9 years. Others have been around longer.

And you?

The AdobeForums.com pages work pretty decently for me.

Oh, and where’s that turkey sandwich you promised you’d make for me?

XD
KU
Keith_Urban
Jan 4, 2007
I’m not sure.
I’m not sure where all my posts went to.

All my macromedia messages and posts are gone too.

This really sucks.
P
Phosphor
Jan 4, 2007
Apparently you haven’t been deeply exploring these forums for very long.

Otherwise you would be aware of the thousands of comments that have been posted to a few dozen threads regarding the former MM forums, comparing and contrasting those forums with the less-than-stellar WebCrossing scripts that have been running the AdobeForums for a long time.

Try this, mate:

Read more, Bitch less.

And quitcherbloody cross-posting.
KU
Keith_Urban
Jan 4, 2007
No one asked you. Please dont post in my post if you are not willing to help. You are making things worse.
P
Phosphor
Jan 4, 2007
By your posting here, you have effectively asked for the opinions of everyone else who frequents these forums.

And you’re trying to tell me not to respond?

Mortgage a clue, mate.

What the heck do you want me—or anyone else— to do in the way of helping solve your displeasure with the way these forums work?

These forums are named "User to User" forums for descriptive accuracy. You’re not addressing Adobe directly. You’re interacting with other users, just like yourself. Once in a while Adobe employees pop in, but mostly, it’s just us regular folks here.

And I’ll type any bloody thing I feel like, right? Got it?

If you want to continue complaining, or—better yet—if you’d like to offer relevant suggestions about how to make things better here, I suggest you have a go on the Comments & Announcements Forum. Here, I’ll even save you the trouble and give you a direct link:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee6b30e>
KU
Keith_Urban
Jan 4, 2007
Listen "MATE", got back to Australia.
I’m not looking for wise guys like you to cause problems.

Thats not how we do it here in the US, we work together. If you can not be a solution then stop aggrevating posts by submitting your 2 cents.

—————————–

Can anyone else provide any intelligent feedback?
P
Phosphor
Jan 4, 2007
Are you receiving notice every time somebody posts a reply, by any chance? Perhaps it’s bothering you that you receive a little sound alert every time you have new mail?

You might want to try visiting via web browser instead, if this is the case.
P
Phosphor
Jan 4, 2007
P
Phosphor
Jan 4, 2007
You may want to try visiting via web browser instead, if this is the case.
P
Phosphor
Jan 4, 2007
P
Phosphor
Jan 4, 2007
P
Phosphor
Jan 4, 2007
P
Phosphor
Jan 4, 2007
P
Phosphor
Jan 4, 2007
P
Phosphor
Jan 4, 2007
P
Phosphor
Jan 4, 2007
P
Phosphor
Jan 4, 2007
P
Phosphor
Jan 4, 2007
P
Phosphor
Jan 4, 2007
P
Phosphor
Jan 4, 2007
P
Phosphor
Jan 4, 2007
P
Phosphor
Jan 4, 2007
Yes I’m a certified, card carrying, registered jackass.

It’s a badge I wear proudly.

Nice to make your acquaintance.

The more you complain, the worse I’ll get.

You decide how you’d like this to proceed.
R
Ram
Jan 4, 2007
KU,

What king of "feedback" would you want?

The forums here (adobeforums.com) are just fine. We love them just the way they are. They are best viewed through a web browser.

The "other" forums (adobe.com), however are an unmitigated disgrace. The only way to stomach them without becoming extremely frustrated is to use a newsreader. They run on software that Adobe acquired when they bought that lemon known as Macromedia. Now they don’t want to lose face by acknowledging such software is worthless and the Macromedia team they inherited is not up to the task.

Adobe has received enough complaints about that already. If you want to voice your own concern, use the Contact button at the top of this page or look for the Forum Comments and Announcements forum.

If you don’t find your old posts, they may be so old that they scrolled off to archives first and off the face of the Earth later.

Anything else? Just articulate your requests.
R
Ram
Jan 4, 2007
BTW, we’re rolling on the floor laughing over your posts to Phos… especially where you think he’s Australian, a dumb misconception that only served to expose your true trollish nature further.
KU
Keith_Urban
Jan 4, 2007
You guys have a lot of growing up to do.
I’m done with this post.
R
Ram
Jan 4, 2007
I’m done with this post.

Thank goodness!
P
Phosphor
Jan 4, 2007
Flang Blammit, Rémöûñd!

You know I’m not what I might appear to be!

My tightest pals know that I’m from the sovereign island of the Circuitous States of New TasAusZealiatraliaTrollia Land, etc. inc, LLC.

Have your people call my people, and we’ll get it all sussed out over lunch and Ethiopian ale, right?

😉 😉
JO
Jim_Oblak
Jan 4, 2007
What happened to all our old posts and messages.

Posts are archived and really old ones may be deleted. Offensive posts may be edited. There is little point in maintaining content about Photoshop 3.

This forum is is confusing to use and hard to read.

This forum is offered for newsreaders and in a web browser, which makes it quite versatile. If you do not like it, there are plenty of other forums elsewhere that feature Photoshop and the graphic arts.

This is an aweful design.

You have awful spelling.

Your post in this and the other Photoshop forum about this topic is absurd. Know your audience. Fellow forum users cannot do anything for you about how Adobe manages their web services.

Every page on Adobe.com features a ‘contact’ link at the top and bottom of the page. On the contact page, there are options to provide feedback for either products or forums.
S
SteveV
Jan 4, 2007
Damn Phos, for that belly laugh series of posts with trollfaz I here by make you an honorary Australian!!!
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Jan 5, 2007
Keith on the main forum page there is an = and sometimes a – icon under which is the word…feedback.

That’s what you are looking for,
TT
Toby_Thain
Jan 5, 2007
Cause everything I had for the past few years is all gone.

Posts are continuously deleted because the forum software has very severe limitations. And yes, this has been admitted by Adobe personnel. And yes, this is a totally ridiculous situation for building a knowledge base. It’s mechanised amnesia – useless.

When I found this out, I stopped making in-depth contributions – what’s the point?

Guess Adobe missed the whole web revolution.
S
squinting
Jan 5, 2007
On 2007-01-03 20:59:06 -0700, "charles badland" said:

I’ve not been here as many years as others, but at least two. Same site as when I started.
Can a person access Adobe Forums through other ways? Newsgroups or some other environment that might have changed?

I’m reading this as a newsgroup (cox.net news server and Unison newsreader) called adobe.photoshop.macintosh
and everything works exactly the same as any other usenet group. —
There’s a song in my heart~
unfortunately, it’s "Under My Thumb"
P
povimage
Jan 5, 2007
No. Adobe didn’t miss it, MacroMedia did. It’s why they were bought out.
J
JasonSmith
Jan 5, 2007
Jebus, with all the loses we’ve had here in the last few weeks, this is the only thing this guy can biatch about?

Do us a favor, go back to MS paint.
P
povimage
Jan 5, 2007
BTW Keith28, thanks for giving "ugly jingoist American" a whole "new and improved" (UGH) meaning.

If you think Phos is bad, you are truly clueless. Cross swords with LT, me, (even CCox) or a few choice others and you’ll see what "unwelcome commentary" really is. Phos is one of the NICE ones.
B
Buko
Jan 5, 2007
Well, when someone as important as Kieth28 no longer has his posts archived we all know the end of the world is nigh! and complaining to Adobe is useless at this point.
TT
Toby_Thain
Jan 6, 2007
povimage, Macromedia has nothing to do with it. These forums have always been broken, just that some of us were late to find out. The humblest PHP/MySQL forum won’t lose a single post. These are just a joke.
TT
Toby_Thain
Jan 6, 2007
In answer to the OP’s question, the right forum to complain is probably here: <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee6b30e>
P
paradoxmoon
Jan 6, 2007
Golly gee, lotsa tough intarweb doods here. Can’t wait to get my ass kicked some fine day.
C
Cindy
Jan 7, 2007
I was kind of thinking the same thing. Wow.
P
Phosphor
Jan 7, 2007
Keith28 seems to think he is addressing Adobe directly.

He apparently missed the big notice that says "User to User" and failed to grok the simple meaning of that header.

He’s cross-posted the same rant in several unrelated forums.

From what I can gather, he seems to be ranting mostly about the former Macromedia Forums, not AdobeForums.com, but he’s posted in the AdobeForums.com pages.

He makes a point to wonder whether anyone who replied has been around as long as he has. And he says he’s been around a long time, but has somehow missed the heated brouhaha about the terrible implementation of the Flash/ColdFusion/FuseTalk forums that took place (and is still ongoing) on both the former MM Froums and the Adobe Forums, in MANY different threads.

He hasn’t poked around even the small amount it takes to understand that older posts get moved to Archives, and that the Archives are available for viewing. (At least on the AdobeForums.com pages…dunno about the former MM forums…they’re still kind of a pain to even bother with).

He asks about how to Contact Adobe; but seemed to have missed the "Contact" link present at the top and bottom of every page.

He was given the link to the Forum Comments & Announcements Forum in a few different places, but never posted his complaints there.

Tell, me, what did Keith28 get right, except for reiterating complaints that many of the "regulars" have hashed out for months?

XD <Cheech y Chong>"Bailiff! Whack his PeePee!"</Cheech y Chong> XD
P
povimage
Jan 7, 2007
Not at all like that. No-one is looking for a fight But you don’t come into a bar where the regulars have been for years (particularly after they fought to keep it the way it is) and tell them the place is crap.

It’s simply hubris of the worst kind to hang around for a few weeks and declare that the form and function "sucks." In the real world, bad things often happen to people who behave like that.

If you don’t like it, feel free to get your help elsewhere.

As others have pointed out: these are user to user fora. None of the regulars OWES you even the time of the day, much less the time it takes to respond to your question. You’re literally nothing to them. Got it? They give advice and answer questions out of the goodness of their hearts, not because you are somehow important or entitled to an answer from anyone here.

On the other hand, run around constantly whining in a way to directly contradict the regulars who FREELY offer their time and knowledge. Well, you are 100% free to go bugger yourself for an evening or two.

The Pandas provide the vast majority of the answers on here. They don’t get a dime for it and aren’t about to jump in to help sniveling, complaining, whiners.

Clear enough?

Keith
P
povimage
Jan 7, 2007
BTW: If you wanna complain, my Panda number is "-(1+&#8730;5)/2"

Keith
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Jan 7, 2007
This is heart warming, to read you r affectionate and loving exchange of ideas.

Oh man…you guys are the greatest.

I know it’s gonna be a good year or something!
P
Phosphor
Jan 7, 2007
I’m glad you jumped into this important thread, Wade.

Your thoughts and presence were needed, and missed.

Happy Year of the Boar!
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_%28zodiac%29>

🙂
B
Bernie
Jan 7, 2007
Thanks for the reminder.
I have to remember to not write year of the dog on my checks.
R
Ram
Jan 7, 2007
The Pandas provide the vast majority of the answers on here.

Well, I’m no "panda" of any kind, but I try to be of help anyway. Even if only a tiny portion of my posts turned out to be helpful, that’s still an awful lot of posts.
P
povimage
Jan 7, 2007
Ramón,

You just have to be around for awhile then DEMAND (no-one is allowed one if they ask nicely) a Panda number in one of the Lounge threads. You’ve certainly been around long enough.

I think we did away with the rule that you promise never to feed Eltee red meat.

In any event Ramón, of course, you posts are helpful. I just take umbrage at newbies (you aren’t one) popping in and passing judgment.

Keith
R
Ram
Jan 7, 2007
Keith,

First of all, I have no interesting in demanding anything.

Second, I was banned from the Lounge for life, and that suits me just fine.

Third, as a matter of practicality, I don’t find panda bears to be particularly cute.

Forth, I don’t "take umbrage at newbies popping in and passing judgment". I take potshots at’em. Usually hit them between the eyes or similar appurtenances of their anatomy.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections