TF
Posted By
Tracy_Flick
Mar 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Windows XP and photoshop elements 1.0 was included with the computer. When attempting to go into the program and I type in the registration (serial) number I get an error message that says "Can’t complete request because of missing or invalid personalization information. I’ve tried to remove the program & reinstall it. I checked the serial number when I typed in regedit and went into the windows registry. I contacted Sony & Adobe and nobody can help me. Does anyone have a clue on what to do next? I have a Sony PCV-RX560 Thank you

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RF
Robert_Fetterman
Mar 6, 2004
Tracy,

I have Photoshop Elements 2.0 on an HP computer running Windows 98. I got the same message when I launched Elements for the first time after defraging the HD last week. Everything had worked fine prior to the defrag. I reinstalled without doing an uninstall first and everything is working fine again (at least it was yesterday). I don’t know if that will help you or not but good luck.
ML
Marty_Landolt
Mar 6, 2004
Tracy, I tried to do a PSE installation without first uninstalling the one on my computer. It somehow did an uninstall without me knowing.
When I failed to do that installation I just went on with my present PSE .. but it wasn’t there. That’s when I got the message about personalization.
Since the original PSE got uninstalled I went back to do the Install and all went well. I know that isn’t helping you but it is the first time I’ve run across that message. Someone will know what to tell you. There are so many patient helpers on this forum! Marty
AR
andrea_romero
Jul 16, 2004
I have the same problem Tracy. Mine came preinstalled on a Sony Vaio PCV-RX80. There has to be a reason and a solution to this madness. I have already checked the 2 solutions Adobe gave on the knowledgebase and neither are helpful. I have the file and the registry/serial number is correct. It isn’t easy to reinstall when you don’t have the original disk because it came preinstalled. That really sucks! Can anyone help since Adobe and Sony surely don’t?
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 17, 2004
Simple suggestion… reset preferences.. ? Press and hold ALT-SHIFT-CONTROL when starting Elements. On the dialog box, click on Yes.

Can anyone help since Adobe and Sony surely don’t?

You called Adobe and they refused to help (even if you were paying for support) ???

Ray
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 17, 2004
Andrea,

If yours came preinstalled then it should still have included the disks for Elements … best thing to do is contact where you bought it from (did you buy direct from Sony) tell them that the disks were missing and ask them to supply you with them.

Wendy
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 17, 2004
Tracy,

Sometimes Elements does not accept the serial number first time. Lets start from the beginning:

The serial number should be 24 digits long
Take care that you use zero and not the O
When it rejects the serial number … put it in again.

Let us know how you go on
Wendy
AR
andrea_romero
Jul 18, 2004
First there were no disk for Photoshop that came with my computer. Second I have emailed Sony and they couldn’t help and I have emailed Adobe several times with no reply. I am not paying for support.And I have tried many of times to start the program for months now, I know I am typing in the right serial number. I am at a lost. Thanks for ya’ll suggestions.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Jul 18, 2004
Andrea,

Try calling Adobe. Not e-mailling them.

Ray
AR
andrea_romero
Jul 18, 2004
Well If I had a 1 800 number I would. But I don’t have long distance on my phone so I can’t call a regular number.
BH
Beth_Haney
Jul 18, 2004
You may not have a separate disk for Elements, but somewhere your Sony had software included to use in case you ever needed to rebuild the entire system. Elements is undoubtedly included within that. Check the other disks that came with your computer.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 18, 2004
Just a point … I thought that you only needed the serial number when you installed Elements from the installation disk?

Wendy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections