using paragraph type to increase font SIZE to fit boundaries?

MH
Posted By
marcel_hartmann
Nov 13, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hello to all,
in PS, i want to make a text box that will RESIZE the text on one line (not increase the spacing between letters) to fit the boundaries of the box. how can i do this? the effect i want to get is:
* all lines of text go right to the edge of the box
* when there is not enough text to fit (or more than enough), it should resize the font to make it perfectly fit to the edges.

see this effect on covers of music ‘mixtapes’ all the time (as well as all those ‘funny’ black/white t-shirts you can get with comments). i can do it manually, but its never perfect. thank you for your help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Bernie
Nov 13, 2006
With the text tool, draw a rectangle, type your text, justify it and resize it to fit.
JZ
Joe_Zydeco
Nov 13, 2006
Marcel, first I have a question for you. Do you know why the last paragraph of your post is italicized? It’s because the forum editor recognizes several shortcuts, one of which is a lowercase "i" followed by a space at the beginning of the line. The editor eats those two characters and italicizes the remainder of the paragraph.

So, please start using your Shift key to prevent that sort of thing. I know your English teachers would fuss at you for not doing that! 🙂

What you want for your text is called full justification. Open the Character palette, click on the Paragraph tab, and select one of the seven justification options. You probably want the fourth one, or possibly the seventh.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections