RN
Posted By
Richard_Nuth
Mar 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to get my prints to look similar to the display. I have my monitor "calibrated" using Gamma. The images displayed on the monitor look like either the original scenes (from camera) or the scanned images (from my scanner). The problem is that the printed images have a color cast to them. I understand that I can select color management for the printer, but am unsure which of the many available profiles I should use for this printer (HP Photosmart 7550). Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BB
brent_bertram
Mar 4, 2004
Richard,
Unless you have a HP supplied profile installed with your printer, you won’t find an appropriate ICC profile to use as a printer output space. On previous HP printers ( my wife’s Photosmart 1215, for example ), HP recommends using the sRGB colorspace ( other colorspaces may confuse the driver ! ), setting up your paper option, and printing to the "same as source" printer output space, which pretty much leaves any color management to the HP proprietery system. The bottom line is that the HP driver is not designed to be very flexible in it’s thinking. It prefers HP’s own color management system.
There are online sites where you can purchase media profiles made for your printer. If you decided to go that route, we can suggest some names.

🙂

Brent
BB
brent_bertram
Mar 4, 2004
Richard,
I found the following link on the hp site, < http://h20015.www2.hp.com/hub_search/document.jhtml?lc=en&am p;docName=bpy20608&prodId=hpphotosma22071&cc=us> .

Essentially, the only ICC profile that the HP supports is the sRGB.ICM . If you use that profile as an print output space under Print Preview, you should get about the best results , short of a media specific profile for your paper/ink combination. Hope it works for you.

🙂

Brent
RN
Richard_Nuth
Mar 4, 2004
Thanks Brent, that’s what I needed. I searched the HP site before but was unable to come accross the information you found. It was exactly what I was looking for.

Rich
BB
brent_bertram
Mar 5, 2004
It is INDEED not easy to find that sort of stuff <G> . They don’t make it obvious. Nothing about color management seems designed to be easy !

🙂

Brent
JF
Jodi_Frye
Mar 5, 2004
yes, Brent is our color management tool and we use him as often as possible 😉

Thanks Brent for all your efforts on colour management. Always appreciated !

🙂
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Mar 5, 2004
I hear the William Tell Overture again….

🙂
BB
brent_bertram
Mar 5, 2004
Actually, Chuck
Most of the day I’ve been whistling the old Melanie tune " I’d like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony "…

🙂

Brent
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Mar 5, 2004
Was that Melanie’s song? It got co-opted for advertising purposes and lost its identity for me…

🙂
BB
brent_bertram
Mar 5, 2004
Ha !
I googled it up and it was the New Seekers who did it . ?? ( Who’re they ?). <http://www.geocities.com/holidaysfun/teachworld.html>

🙂

Brent
GD
Grant_Dixon
Mar 5, 2004
Bert

Thanks for the ear worm. I do believe that song was use in an ad campaign for Coke.

Grant
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Mar 5, 2004
Hi, Grant. Yes, that’s where it made its debut. Then the words were changed to get rid of "I’d like to buy the world a coke" for the other recordings.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections