Posted By
Garnet_Steinecke
Nov 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I want to know, if Photoshop CS2 is running on an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU?

Thank you for your help and execuse my bad Engish

Garnet

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

H
Ho
Nov 7, 2006
yes
C
cptmgt
Nov 7, 2006
Do I have to change any setting so that CS2 recognizes by Core 2 Duo E6600 (both threads)?
H
Ho
Nov 7, 2006
Photoshop is able to use multiple processors or multiple cores without any user intervention (as long as they are recognized by the OS).
D
Dewcall
Nov 8, 2006
Am using CS2 with Intel E6700 without having to change any PS settings and have not seen any difficulties.
GS
Garnet_Steinecke
Nov 8, 2006
Thanks a lot. You´ve helped me very much.
C
cptmgt
Nov 8, 2006
I have CS2 on a new Intel E6600 system. How do I know if CS2 is using both threads (cores)?
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Nov 8, 2006
Generally speaking, CS2 may not utilize both cores at all times, but you should certainly see increased activity on each CPU when viewing the Performance tab of Task Manager. Some processes can use both CPUs, some do not per my understanding of what has been said here over the years.

An easy test is to open a reasonably large file and apply the Radial Blur filter with options of 100/Zoom/Best. That will take enough time on most systems to show loading of both CPUs near 100%. A popular "benchmark" from the RetouchPRO forum is to create an 8×10 inch image at 300ppi, fill it with 100% uniform monochromatic noise, then perform that 100/Zoom/Best Radial Blur and time how long it takes to be applied.

Regards,

Daryl

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections