Posted By
greenwise
Dec 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

G
greenwise
Dec 21, 2006
Is there anyway to make a dotted line in CS2? Manuals and everything I find refers to adjusting the spacing but I can’t find that option anywhere.

thanks
J
JasonSmith
Dec 21, 2006
You can do this in layer styles – apply a layer style stroke, and set the stroke fill to ‘pattern’.

But before you to THAT, you need to create a checkerboard like pattern.
JF
john_findley
Dec 21, 2006
I’ve found the easiest way for me is to create a path, go to Text on path, do a bunch of hyphens along the path.
PF
Peter_Figen
Dec 21, 2006
Just change the spacing on your brush until you get the type of dot you want. The standard spacing is 25%, but higher percentages will yield a brush stroke with no overlap. Experiment to get the spacing you want.
CB
charles badland
Dec 21, 2006
If you have a rectangular brush, you can go in the Brush Palette to Shape Dynamics>Angle Jitter and choose Direction to have the brush tip shape follow a path. (Remember to increase its Spacing as suggested).
Result is sort-of how a dashed line looks in Illustrator (a couple problems on sharp corners, but not a bad result.)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections