JM
Posted By
Janis_Mayrell
Feb 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just installed Elements and when I opened an image the image had a green hue to it. I am not sure why but when I looked at the color picker I found that it was set to #ffffff and was still displaying as green. I am using a flat screen monitor not sure if it has something to do with the monitor setting or drivers. Anyone have an Idea how to correct this issue?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BB
brent_bertram
Feb 29, 2004
Janis,
You have a monitor calibration and profiling issue. Elements ( and Photoshop ) are color managed applications, displaying images based on an accurate monitor profile. Ian Lyons Image Flow < http://www.btinternet.com/~ian.lyons/ps7-colour/ps7_color.gi f>

The Adobe Gamma utility ( for Windows users ) allows you to create a profile that will be used by color managed apps. Ian Lyons has a tutorial on its use at <http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7-colour/ps7_2.htm> .

Adobe also has a techdoc on using Adobe Gamma with an LCD ( via a mfg supplied profile ) . <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/1403e.htm>

Holler back as you need more help, and give us your system info, so folks with similar systems can chime in.

🙂

Brent
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 29, 2004
Brent, I hear the "William Tell Overture" playing when you appear on the scene to take care of color management!

🙂

Chuck
GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 29, 2004
Ah … the "William Tell Overture" I was once told that the definition of an intellectual was someone the listened to the "William Tell Overture" and never thought of the Lone Ranger.

Grant
BB
brent_bertram
Feb 29, 2004
Chuck,
You’re old enough to remember the TV series " Rin Tin Tin" , about the cavalry in the West and the faithful german shephard "Rin Tin Tin". Ah ! how I loved to hear the bugler sound the "charge" .
Now that we’ve gotten off topic to the violins of the William Tell, and the bugler sounding the charge, I’ve decided to to listen to one of my favorite trumpeters, Wynton Marsalis’ album " In Gabriel’s Garden".

🙂

Brent
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 29, 2004
Brent:

YO Rinty!! (Lee Aaker’s call to Rin Tin Tin to sic him on the bad guy…)

🙂
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 29, 2004
Grant, I’m afraid the first few bars of the "Overture" always conjure up an image of a masked man on a white horse accompanied by a faithful Native American companion… That’s ok – no one would ever have mistaken me for an intellectual anyway…

Chuck
BB
brent_bertram
Mar 1, 2004
A lesser example, Grant, than yours might be Mouret’s Rondeaux ( Theme of Masterpiece Theatre ), played by Wynton Marsalis currently running on my CD ! <G>

The Lone Ranger rides again !!!

🙂

Brent

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections