Posted By
Ron Miller
Feb 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RM
Ron Miller
Feb 29, 2004
Sorry, sent empty post in error the first try.

My problem is that all my digital photos look badly UNDERexposed in Photoshop Album. I know there’s nothing wrong with them because they look perfect in Windows Explorer, NikonView, Internet Explorer, Paint, Outlook Express or any other viewer. I cannot discover the setting in Photoshop Album that is causing this. I also have Photoshop 7, and I imagine that there’s a possibility that Photoshop Album is taking some setting from Photoshop 7, but I can’t find a setting there, either. These photos also look badly underexposed in Adobe Photoshop 7. This is a really nasty situation because those are the two main digital photo applications I want to use.
Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a fix?

Ron
RM
Ron Miller
Feb 29, 2004
Responding to my own post.

I turned OFF all color management in Photoshop, and my photos now look great in both Photoshop and Album. I believe that this is necessary because my monitor is an LCD, and gamma corrections reportedly have little effect on LCDs. Does that make sense?
It looks to me as though Album takes its color-management settings from Photoshop if Photoshop is also installed. Is that deduction correct?
Perhaps this problem does not occur if Album is installed alone or with Elements. I’d love to hear from some other users with a combination of Album, Photoshop, and an LCD monitor to see if my problems are reproducible on other computers.
Thanks,
Ron

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 00:45:04 GMT, Ron Miller
wrote:

Sorry, sent empty post in error the first try.

My problem is that all my digital photos look badly UNDERexposed in Photoshop Album. I know there’s nothing wrong with them because they look perfect in Windows Explorer, NikonView, Internet Explorer, Paint, Outlook Express or any other viewer. I cannot discover the setting in Photoshop Album that is causing this. I also have Photoshop 7, and I imagine that there’s a possibility that Photoshop Album is taking some setting from Photoshop 7, but I can’t find a setting there, either. These photos also look badly underexposed in Adobe Photoshop 7. This is a really nasty situation because those are the two main digital photo applications I want to use.
Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a fix?

Ron
A
alicia
Mar 1, 2004
Most people in this group connect through the Photoshop Elements forum in www.adobeforums.com and can’t see your question, posted through a newsserver. If you want an answer, you’d better repeat it there.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections