TS
Posted By
Tim_Smales
Nov 9, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have set up a number of actions to create corporate "frames and borders" around photographs taken by colleagues at work. The actions seem to work for a number of weeks and then without any type of error message just seems to change. The border sizes (increase canvas size) changes, as does any text (both in size and alignment).
The origonal images are imported in RAW format (Nikon .nef) from CF card onto the hard disk and renamed using bridge – batch rename. The files are then opened and worked on from the hard disk. The computer is networked via the companys intranet, although it is the only one that has photoshop installed. It runs Windows XP Pro with 2 Gig of RAM the Hard disk is a 250Gb SATA drive and shows no signs of any performance failures in any other respect.
I am quite happy with Photoshop usually and can sort out most "issues", but this one really has me stumped. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Bernie
Nov 9, 2006
Did you record the canvas size as absolute or relative? And with what units of measurement?

Are you sure the images are the same (size and resolution)?
TS
Tim_Smales
Nov 9, 2006
Thanks for the quick response.
The canvas size is recorded as relative, the unit of measurement is cm and the images should all be the same size / resolution (input as RAW from the CF card without any adjustments). I did come acros the size / resolution issue when we changed from dcr to nef files, so I had thought of that one. Keep it coming though any help is greatfully recieved.
B
Bernie
Nov 9, 2006
the images should all be the same size

That should has me asking you to check to make sure they are indeed as they should be.

The origonal images are imported in RAW format (Nikon .nef) from CF card onto the hard disk and renamed using bridge – batch rename. The

The only other thing I can see is that you really should copy the RAW files to your harddrive and then run the batch on it. (this may not affect the problem you have with the batches, but is the recommended thing to do)
GD
george_dingwall
Nov 9, 2006
Hi Tim,

Are you sure that all the photos have been imported at the same resolution. Variation in font size can be a symptom of of applying text intended for use at 72 ppi to an image that is 300 ppi etc.

I had a script that had the same problem when inserting text in the same way. The problem went away when I added a step in the script to change the ppi of the image to 72 with resample off.

Maybe you could add a step to your action to convert the image to a specific ppi before you create the frame. You could also add a step at the end to convert it back if that was neccesary.

Hope this helps.
TS
Tim_Smales
Nov 10, 2006
Cybernetic / George thanks for your suggestions, I’ll try the resolution thing.
TS
Tim_Smales
Nov 11, 2006
Eureka !

Having checked the above suggestions it would appear that somehow (curious fingers) the Size and Resolution options had been changed in the RAW plugin. Thanks for all the help its now sorted.
I’ve now set them back and unchecked the "workflow options" dialogue. It should take them a couple of weeks to find something else to change.
Thanks again..

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections