Posted By
Rich_Mattingly
Nov 6, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Rob,

Thanks for writing back – when I try to install the fonts, I get the same error message. Whether I use the control panel or the drag and drop method, it’s all the same error I posted above.

-Rich

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John Joslin
Nov 6, 2006
How many are you trying to install?

Why not try one at a time to find out what is causing the problem?

Are the fonts freebies? You probably have a bad one if they are.
RM
Rich_Mattingly
Nov 6, 2006
John,

I’ve tried installing them one at a time and together in a group. The fonts are off of a CD, so I don’t believe that there is anything "wrong" with them per se – when I double-click them, they open and display just like they are supposed too….

-rich
L
LenHewitt
Nov 6, 2006
Rich,

Are you absolutely certain that none of the fonts are already on the system?

If all else fails, you could always re-boot into save mode with command prompt and copy over from a command prompt(assuming CD drive is e:/):

c:/ copy e:/the_fonts_folder/*.ttf c:/windows/fonts/
BL
Bob Levine
Nov 7, 2006
Are you really using Window NT? Do you have admin rights?

Bob
RM
Rich_Mattingly
Nov 7, 2006
Bob –

Even after getting admin rites, I had to get someone from our "higher" to install the fonts remotely…three days to get a font installed – that’s the military for ya!

Thanks for writing.

-rich
RM
Rich_Mattingly
Nov 7, 2006
Len –

Thanks for writing – I ended up having to have an admin remote into the system (even though I had admin rights) to install the fonts…I hope I never have to go through that process again!

-Rich
BL
Bob Levine
Nov 7, 2006
Military? That explains it. $10,000 toilet seats but no money for Photoshop upgrades. <g>

Bob
L
LenHewitt
Nov 7, 2006
Good to hear you have it sorted out.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections