FM
Posted By
Fletcher_Maurice
Nov 9, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a problem inasmuch as I cannot uninstall Photoshop v 6.0. When I try to use Add or Remove programmes in windows XP Pro, it tells me that the file Uninst.isu is not valid or the data has been corrupted. and uninstallation will not continue.
The reason I want to uninstall, is to remedy the programme freezing when I try to reposition an image in a larger canvas. This is most frustrating as it usually happens when I haven’t saved for a while. I have to reboot my computer and of course lose everything. I have tried reinstalling Photoshop V 6.0 but the problem persists
I am using WinXp Pro with 1gb of memory, a Brother115C printer/scanner/copier Any help would be appreciated
Maurice

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Nov 9, 2006
Hi Fletcher,

You have "tried reinstalling", so I assume the installation was allowed for PS6 without first having to uninstall it? That would be consistent with what I recall, but it seems more recent versions may not install if they find an existing installation already in place. Or, maybe I’m confusing PS with some other application.

If the intallation can be done without the indication of any problem, perhaps certain files – if corrupted but found to already exists – are the source of the problem. What I’d suggest you try is another reinstall, but first rename the existing Photoshop 6 directory so that the uninstaller doesn’t find it. Then, the reinstall may be actually done more as if it is a new installation and all files, including Uninst.isu should be created. If so, and if PS6 then works properly, you should be able to simply delete the renamed directory…but first make certain you don’t have other 3rd party software (plug-ins, scripts, etc.) in that directory. Just move them out to another directory to keep and replace into the new PS6 installation if desired.

Maybe that will help.

Daryl

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections