Unable to Dock Palettes…Why??? Also my "Photoshop Help" fonts way too small to read

S
Posted By
SnapesImp
Nov 5, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m in my Photoshop CS2, and I’m just learning to use this program, and I can’t dock my palettes together. My photoshop palettes don’t have a blue border around them, they are just gray colored. The only black lines I see when I’m supposed to dock them together to make one big palette, is whenever the palette goes back into place within another palette. The will not dock from the bottom. I thought it was strange that they don’t have borders…is something wrong here?

Also, my Photoshop Help fonts are so incredibly small that I can’t read any of the help options without cutting and pasting it into MS Word or such. What is the matter with this program. No one else has problems like this!????

Someone please help, I just don’t know how to fix this!

SZ

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
Don_McCahill
Nov 6, 2006
Also, my Photoshop Help fonts are so incredibly small that I can’t read any of the help options without cutting and pasting it into MS Word or such. What is the matter with this program. No one else has problems like this!????

Help runs on a browser. Try setting the font size within the browser to a larger size. (View > Text Size > Largest on IE)
L
LenHewitt
Nov 6, 2006
Don,

Try setting the font size within the browser to a larger size.<<

Not possible in CS2 which uses ahc.exe as a standalone help application incorporating it’s own mysql database and Opera browser.
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Nov 6, 2006
SZ,

I don’t know the cause of your Palette docking problem, but there are some palettes which will not dock together in the bottom-to-top fashion, depending upon their current view state. There may even be some that simply will not dock together at all, but I’m not certain. What I do know though is that I just separated out my Navigator, Info, and Histogram palettes and the Histogram would not dock to either of the other two. But, the Histogram was in the Compact View option; upon changing the palette option to Expanded View, I could then dock all 3 pallettes together. Moreover, even if I reselected Compact View for the Histogram, the palettes remained docked. Here’s a short example video: <http://ambress.com/photoshop/palette_docking>

Hope that helps,

Daryl
S
stevent
Nov 6, 2006
You can increase the text size in the right pane by using CTRL + the mouse wheel (if you have one).

Of course, the Help was much more configurable for viewing (especially for people with sight difficulties) when it was plain html (much like Adobe Exchange – flash looks pretty, but if you have bad eyesight, you’re out of luck).

Saying that, I wonder if anyone has messed around with the style sheets in the AHC folder to make the menu text larger?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections