Posted By
Tammy_Spratt
Dec 13, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi All,

I have done a search and don’t seem to be able to find my answer. I have folders of RAW CR2 files and RAW NEF files. I want to run a batch to convert them simply and quickly to TIF files. Why is there not a simple way to do this in photoshop. I tried to create an action and it just hangs on the open RAW dialog box and won’t proceed until I click ok. I just want to be able to walk away and come back to a folder of TIF’s….I know other programs can do this….like Capture One and I have it on my Mac but just don’t find it very easy to use and don’t really have the time to figure it out. So can someone point me to instructions or some way to find the info to do what I need to do….simple RAW to Tif conversion….sure sounds simple 🙂

Thanks,
Tammy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JM
John McWilliams
Dec 13, 2006
wrote:
Hi All,

I have done a search and don’t seem to be able to find my answer. I have folders of RAW CR2 files and RAW NEF files. I want to run a batch to convert them simply and quickly to TIF files. Why is there not a simple way to do this in photoshop. I tried to create an action and it just hangs on the open RAW dialog box and won’t proceed until I click ok. I just want to be able to walk away and come back to a folder of TIF’s….I know other programs can do this….like Capture One and I have it on my Mac but just don’t find it very easy to use and don’t really have the time to figure it out. So can someone point me to instructions or some way to find the info to do what I need to do….simple RAW to Tif conversion….sure sounds simple 🙂

What version of PS? CS versions can do this, CS I with Russell Brown’s Image Converter, CS 2 built in. (Bridge, I am guessing).

Lightroom is also a whiz at this, give it a go.

John McWilliams
TS
Tammy_Spratt
Dec 13, 2006
NO one has an answer?? I understand the idea that doing this may not be understandable for some of you….why convert and lose the point of RAW but I work for a company where many people access images and they need to quickly be able to grab an image from a disc and when they are happy with the choices they have made I then process the raw for them….so I hope this gives you all an idea of why I am wanting to do this so that maybe someone will bother to reply.

Thanks
JM
John McWilliams
Dec 14, 2006
wrote:
NO one has an answer?? I understand the idea that doing this may not be understandable for some of you….why convert and lose the point of RAW but I work for a company where many people access images and they need to quickly be able to grab an image from a disc and when they are happy with the choices they have made I then process the raw for them….so I hope this gives you all an idea of why I am wanting to do this so that maybe someone will bother to reply.

Thanks

I replied hours ago, and find it odd that you’d fly off with the above without giving more info.
B
Bernie
Dec 14, 2006
Maybe Graphic converted can do it?
R
Ram
Dec 14, 2006
Tammy,

Try posting this in the Bridge and/or ACR forums. This can be done easily from within Adobe Camera Raw, and/or the Image Processor. Read any ACR tutorial, for instance Russell Brown’s.

Adobe Bridge Macintosh forum [CLICK HERE] <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.3bba3d51>

Adobe Camera Raw Forum [CLICK HERE] <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@@.3bb6a869>

<http://www.russellbrown.com/>
RJ
Roark_Johnson
Jan 31, 2007
In the Batch Window check to make sure that the box, "Override Action"Open" Commands is checked.

And I also have the box checked that is called "Override Action "Save As" Commands. This needs to be checked if you’re making JPEGS.

Roark
OO
Omke_Oudeman
Jan 31, 2007
Roark

It is an old post and probably directed to the bridge forum but I don’t see the problem, just select all images in Bridge, open them all in ACR and hit save as button and you can walk away to bar or just a cup of coffee 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections