nwilson41
Nov 6, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Every time I start Photoshop CS2 I get an error message box saying: —————————
Adobe Photoshop: Photoshop.exe – Unable To Locate Component —————————
This application has failed to start because DECO_32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
—————————
OK
—————————

I have reinstalled Windows XP SP2, and also Photoshop CS2, but nothing fixes this error. I have googled this and found some sites willing to sell DLLs, but no real explanation. I had a corrupted C: drive six months or so ago, but recovered most though not all the files. I think the missing DLL may used by a filter or plug-in that doesn’t get reinstalled when I reinstall Photoshop, but I have no idea which plug-in, or how to correct the problem. I’d appreciate any help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 6, 2006
You need to reinstall the third party plugin that uses the DLL.

Looks like it’s from Iterated Systems for their FIF file format.
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Nov 6, 2006
If you are using any variant of the Genuine Fractals plug-in, try reinstalling it.

Regards,

Daryl
N
nwilson41
Nov 6, 2006
Thanks for your suggestions. I did install Genuine Fractals trial version years ago when it was bundled with a printer or scanner or something. Haven’t used it in years, and don’t recall what install disk it was on. I guess I’ll look for it in the plugins folder and try to remove it.
N
nwilson41
Nov 7, 2006
Genuine Fractals LE was the culprit. I removed it from the Photoshop plugins file formats folder and that cured the problem.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections