M
Posted By
mikehenson
Nov 6, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Should I be able to deinterlace jpg’s using Batch process?

I have 2000 images to process and I can’t persuade CS2 to perform the action.

It goes through the motions and carries out subsequent resize and unsharp actions but doesn’t deinterlace.

If CS2 won’t do the business and you know a progam that will I’d be grateful if you pointed me in the right direction because I don’t fancy processing this lot manually!

Thanks

Mike

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 6, 2006
* Open a file.
* Start recording a new action
* Save As…
* Set the appropriate settings (baseline) in your Jpeg Options dialogue. * Stop recording.
* Run that action via the Batch Commend.
M
mikehenson
Nov 6, 2006
Thanks Chris

Not sure why you have "Save As" in the middle of the action.

I’m processing the images and saving them back into the same folder so I do Open-Deinterlace-Resize-Unsharp-Save.

The process works except that the deinterlace doesn’t happen.

Regards

Mike
C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 6, 2006
Not sure why you have "Save As" in the middle of the action

Because I was assuming you meant the "interlacing" which occurs when you save a Jpeg using "progressive" instead of "baseline" or "Standard".

You obviously mean the removal of the interlacing effect from movie images. – Misinterpretation on my part.

I’ll step aside here and let someone else whose dealt with movie images trump up some suggestions.

* By the way: Wouldn’t it be a better idea anyway, to save the processed files in another location, for fear of something going wrong as your originals are overwritten?

Chris.
M
mikehenson
Nov 6, 2006
Hi Chris, sorry, yes I’m talking about deinterlacing still images grabbed from video footage.

There’s no fear of over-writing the originals because I copy all the files into another folder then process that folder that way it avoids the complexities accompanied by "Save As"

Thanks for trying to help 🙂

Mike
M
mikehenson
Nov 7, 2006
Bump
M
mikehenson
Nov 7, 2006
A user on another Forum suggested dropping the "Open" and "Close" instructions.

So, the action routine is now Deinterlace/Resize/Unsharp/Save

I tried this and sure enough the deinterlace action is processed but each run pauses at the point where you select the amount of compression so I’ve taken one step forward and one back.

Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong please?
B
Bernie
Nov 7, 2006
Make sure the modal control is turned off for the save step (in the action palette)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections