RA
Posted By
Richard_Angeloni
Feb 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, I just purchased Photoshop Elements 2 and, although I consider myself an experienced computer user, I realize that Elements is a powerful program, and that I may not get everything out of it without the help of a good instructional book. As you probably know, there are many books on the market. Is there one, in particular, that you would recommend? I’ve read some of the reviews on Amazon.com and it seems like there are no clear winners.
Please let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Richard

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 23, 2004
There are so *many* good ones, but they are for different levels of learning. First go to Amazon and look them all over first with the editorial reviews and the customer reviews.
Then you will get very good info here as to which book to get for different reasons. You will probably not read any of them through, but you will end up with buying many(be sure to look at USED)and then you will use them all for reference.
Don’t limit your self to just one or two, go for several at the used prices. Most of the USED ones will be new and have unopened CDs.
Each and every book I’ve bought has been unique and valuable to me. Jane
J
jhjl1
Feb 23, 2004
Bob Warren posted this link to his excellent reviews.
http://www.rewarren.com/challenge/books.htm

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
Hello, I just purchased Photoshop Elements 2 and, although I consider
myself an experienced computer user, I realize that Elements is a powerful program, and that I may not get everything out of it without the help of a good instructional book. As you probably know, there are many books on the market. Is there one, in particular, that you would recommend? I’ve read some of the reviews on Amazon.com and it seems like there are no clear winners.
Please let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Richard
BG
Byron Gale
Feb 24, 2004
Richard,

The list by Bob Warren is a good "short list" to work from. I have three of the same books (Aaland, Kelby, Lynch) and recommend each of them without reservation. I also have and, likewise, recommend a title by Gregory Georges — "50 Fast Digital Photo Techniques".

Don’t overlook free resources on the web! One site which was immensely helpful for me is Jay Arraich’s wonderful collection of tips. http://www.arraich.com/elements/psE_intro.htm

IMO, though, the single most indispensible source of learning is the group of people who contribute to this forum… you’ve come to the right place.

Byron
BD
Bruce_Denis
Feb 24, 2004
Don’t discount the idea that PSE is many different things to different people. Obviously a lot of people like to manipulate photos. But you can also do original graphics designs from scratch. Many people retouch and repair old photos. Others produces web pages. Some just use it to enhance everyday photos so are better quality.
Pick a book in the area that interests you. Jane Carter recommened you buy several used books. Let me add to that by suggesting a varitey of skill levels. You will probably work past the beginner stage quickly.
Visit your community library. Photoshop is enormously popular, and you may find a title or author you like.
Enjoy you copy of PSE2. Relax, doodle, and experiment. Always always always the first thing you should do is make a duplicate image.
ML
Marty_Landolt
Feb 24, 2004
Bob W, Your review on Elements books is wonderful, short and sweet. I also got carried away and spent time looking at our Challenges. Say, Bob, don’t know if I ever told you how much I liked your rendition of Me in the first challenge. That horse looks so much like the one we had in Tennessee.
Marty
BE
Bob_E._Warren
Feb 24, 2004
Marty —
Glad you enjoyed it — I went back and worked on it some time after the Challenge week and decided that saddle and outfit needed a horse to go with it.
Bob Warren
RA
Richard_Angeloni
Feb 27, 2004
Thanks everybody, for your feedback. I will certainly check out the web sites you’ve suggested and I plan on doing more research regarding books and visiting the bookstores this weekend.
And I’m sure I’ll be back at this site often, as I can already see that there’s lots of good info right here.
Richard

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections