T
Posted By
txbonfire
Oct 25, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I placed a psd image into my Adobe Illustrator doc. I then selected the layer and then did an Effect / Stylize / Drop Shadow but no shadow appeared. When I view the "Appearance" of this image, it says the drop shadow is there. But it is definitely not shown.

I am using Photoshop CS and AI CS 12.0.1.

I have placed psd images before and have been able to apply the drop shadow just fine.

This particular psd file is multi-layered and the layers are all linked.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Angela

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 25, 2006
You need to ask about that in the Illustrator forum. It’s an Illustrator command that is failing you, not a Photoshop command.
DM
Don_McCahill
Oct 25, 2006
My guess is that the shadow is happening to the entire image, so of course you don’t see it. What happens if you unlink a layer, and apply your drop shadow using the Photoshop method.
T
txbonfire
Oct 25, 2006
I just resolved the issue this morning. I opened the image in AI, selecting the option to maintain the layers. The I did a Select All and Copy, then Pasted into the master doc. After that, with the secondary image still selected (with all of its layers) I was able to scale down and add the Drop Shadow.

Thanks so much,
Angela

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections