LO
Posted By
Lee_Olson
Dec 6, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I duplicated my background layer twice and after working on the new layers awhile I tried to perform a blur and couldn’t. After looking around to find out why I saw a lock in each of the duplicated layers. A mouse-over the lock says: "this layer is partially locked."

Does anyone know how I did that and how to undo it? I am having no luck finishing the image.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DK
Doug_Katz
Dec 6, 2006
If you duplicated the Background layer, they’re locked because you either clicked one of the lock icons in the layers palette or hit the "/" key. Just toggle off the "depressed" icon at the top of the layers palette to unlock the layers.
LO
Lee_Olson
Dec 6, 2006
The / key did it, Doug. Thanks so much. You saved me from re-doing the whole image and taught me something new. 😉
J
jgray132000
Dec 14, 2006
Hello—

I too duplicated a layer and after altering it (filters, opacity), the new layer wouldn’t budge unless I used the Control key (PC) + Move tool. Neither layer is locked. The layer seems to move if I lessen the opacity…can you help? Can you tell me why does this happens–and how to avoid having "frozen" layers? Thanks!
R
Ram
Dec 14, 2006
Try the Photoshop Windows across the hall. This here is the Adobe Photoshop Macintosh forum.

(Most likely you’re targeting the wrong layer.)
J
jgray132000
Dec 14, 2006
I appreciate your hall humor but I work on Macs and PCs. I am just trying to get an answer. The layer that I want is targeted…it just will not move unless I use the Control key (I’m at home at the moment, not in front of a Mac)… thanks, thanks, thanks.
R
Ram
Dec 14, 2006
Then give us more details, please.

Click here <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@@.2cd06cd9> for advice on how to ask your question correctly for quicker answers. Thanks!
CB
charles badland
Dec 14, 2006
I’d bet your Auto Select Layer is taking you to the Background. Cmd/Cntrl disables it. Try turning it off in your Move Tool option bar.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections