MM
Posted By
mitchell_murrow
Dec 5, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
am using photoshop 9.0 and the extract filter is not under the filters menu. it is not grayed out or anything…. its just not there. i found it in my plugins but when i click on it i get the following error, "could not complete your request because photoshop does not recognize this type of file." please help me figure out why i cant use the filter. thanks -mitchell

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Dec 5, 2006
Look at the top of the Filters list. Should be the first one. If it’s truly not there, try trashing/resetting Preferences as per the FAQs
MM
mitchell_murrow
Dec 5, 2006
it truly is not there, i deleted my settings just like it said to in the faq "cmd+option+shift" and then i hit ok when prompted but the extract filter is still not available, the filters did not change at all. i have a screenshot of my filters at

< http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a209/snunicycler/Picture1. png>

thanks or answering so fast but still no luck.
B
Bernie
Dec 5, 2006
You’re also missing the Liquify filter.

Are you sure eveyrthing’s installed properly?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 5, 2006
Have you moved any component part of Photoshop from where it was originally installed in your Applications folder?

Either put things back; or re-install Photoshop after trashing your existing Prefs..
R
Ram
Dec 6, 2006
Yup. That sounds like someone moved the Photoshop icon out of its folder, which is a very bad move.
MM
mitchell_murrow
Dec 6, 2006
had the trial version of photoshop for a while and i deleted it when i installed creative suite. i might have gotten a little too delete happy and deleted or moved the wrong thing… i do not know what to look for to put it back though. if i deleted it then….. what now?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 6, 2006
Just trash the existing Photoshop folder and Photoshop Prefs. and re-install from the original CD.
B
Buko
Dec 6, 2006
I f you are missing filters you need to reinstall.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections