CP
Posted By
Chris_Poisson
Dec 1, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I don’t get it. I used to make targa files of text and logos that would have a transparent background, a 32 bit file. I use them in videos. This was in PS 7 and before. Ever since CS the alpha channel in a 32bit Targa file doesn’t exist. I start with an empty file and put a text layer on it, save as PSD and then do a save-as and set it to Targa at 32 bit, but it doesn’t work like it used to. It’s either all white or all black. What am I missing?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 1, 2006
No, that was only is PS 7.0.

So many people complained about it that we put out a dot release of the Targa plugin to go back to using alpha channels and have shipped it that way ever since.

It would be nice if the video and 3D world learned to differentiate alpha channels and transparency…

It would be nicer if certain video and 3D software vendors could get it straight as well.
EB
eileen_blyth
Jan 22, 2007
so how do you make a targa file then? i have the alpha channel made. and saved as .tga—the file crashes the video editer system.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections