VC
Posted By
Vicky_Carswell
Nov 17, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I save an image in Photoshop CS2 as an EPS a box comes up titled ‘EPS options’. If I want to bring the saved EPS into a Quark 6.5.2 document, what are the best options to choose from?
It gives me various Preview options and various Encoding options.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Bernie
Nov 17, 2006
I used to save Binary encoding with JPEG preview.

If you want problems, check on one of the options below that.
B
Buko
Nov 17, 2006
I thought you had to save with tiff preview to avoid problems?
B
Bernie
Nov 17, 2006
Hey, I’ve moved on to ID quite some time ago…

IIRC, the advantage of the JPEG preview was that both Macs and Windows Quark could use them with no problem.
B
Buko
Nov 17, 2006
I don’t use Quark either I just remember there was a preview problem and I thought the solution was to save with tiff preview.
PG
Pat_Gilmour
Nov 17, 2006
I’ve dumped QXP too, but from 6 (maybe even 5) onwards it did render JPEG and TIFF ok, on my Mac at least. What QXP couldn’t handle were TIFF files save with "modern compression techniques" (aka ones that worked well – ZIP or JPEG). Don’t know if QXP 7 has fixed this – dare I say, who cares?
PG
Pat_Gilmour
Nov 17, 2006
For QXP 6, I found Mac 8-bit/Pixel with Binary worked fine when I used QXP 6. If you need a better preview QXP has a high-res preview built in anyway which you should probably use for positioning.
ML
Mark_Larsen
Nov 17, 2006
tif & jpeg preview are best, Mac 8-bit/Pixel will not render if the Quark file is past over to PC. When playing with the V7 beta no improvements were made to tif handling I think it took all the effort to make the psd import function. Haven’t bothered with the full release.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections